Chapter 47 - The Final Task

You found out that You would be heading into the final task first but you hadn't been told what it was yet. 

"I could be a battle between all the champions." Draco said. He was sitting with you, Fred, George and Pansy was on his lap as he held her. 

"I don't think so. Why would I be going in first then is that was the case?" You asked. Draco shrugged.

"Good point." He said. Pansy turned and kissed his forehead. 

"You tried." She said and Draco smiled. You smiled and saw Dumbledore walking towards you. He is being followed by Victor and Fleur. 

"(y/n), please come with me." Dumbledore said. You nodded and stood, waving to everyone. You found yourself walking to the Quidditch field where you saw hedges growing.  

"This is your next task but a warning I must give. Once you enter the maze, you all will be enemy's and the challenges that wait inside will be difficult. I wish you all the luck." Dumbledore said. You looked at the fast growing hedges. You gulped and told everyone about it. 

~Time Skip~

"Lady's and Gentleman. The final task is underway. Champions, please listen to Professor Moody." Dumbledore said. You sighed. You have been avoiding Moody since the first class. 

"I hide the cup in the middle of the maze. Creatures lurk in there. Be cautious and watch were you go. If you get into trouble and need to quiet, send up red sparks into the air with your wand. We will find you." Moody said. Everyone nodded and you heard the canon. You walked in and looked behind. You saw the Fred, George, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Pansy all holding up a sigh that says 'Go (y/n)' But you saw Lucius talking with Draco before the hedge closed. You sighed and started to do a slow run. You heard the canon's go off and knew that Victor was now in the hedge and soon so would be Fleur. 

You stopped. 

You heard breathing. 

You peaked around the corner and saw a giant sphinx. The head was of a women and the body was of a lion. She was also looking at you in the eye. 

"Come on out, little one. I will not bite those who live under the sun." She said. Her voice was deep and hoarse. You did and knew this was on of the many 'Creatures' That Moody was talking about. 

"What do I need to do to get around you?" You asked, having you wand in hand just in case. The sphinx's smiled. 

"All you must do is answer my riddle. Answer on your first guess, I let you pass with out fear. Answer wrongly, I attack with the aim to kill. Remain silent – I will let you walk away from me." She said. You nodded. 

"First think of the person who lives in disguise,
Who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies.
Next, tell me what's always the last thing to mend,
The middle of middle and end of the end?
And finally give me the sound often heard
During the search for a hard-to-find word.
Now string them together, and answer me this,
Which creature would you be unwilling to kiss?" 

You thought for a second. You first thought of the word secrets, then the word end. 

'String them together?' You thought. 

"Do you have an answer?" She asked. You looked at her. 

"Sorry, just thinking. One moment." You said and began to think again as she nodded. you repeated the riddle again in your head before you snapped your fingers. 

"A spider." you said. She smiled and moved a bit. You smiled and ran passed her. you kept running and before you knew it, you saw the cup. It was right in front of you. You reached out and grabbed it. 

It was a port key. 

When you landed, you groaned. You hand landed on your back. You were shocked you didn't hear cheering and sat up, looking around before you grew scared. 

You were in the living room of the (l/n). You were alone but then you heard another groan. You looked and saw it was Draco, who was sitting up. You ran over to him.

"Draco." You said and heloped him to stand.  

"(y/n)?" He asked. you nodded. 

"Draco, what are you doing here? What am I doing here?" You asked. He shrugged. 

"I don't know. My father said he wanted to talk to me. He asked me to hold a cup and the next thing I knew, I was here, on the floor with you helping me up." He said. You looked around. 

"Port keys. We need to go back." You said. Draco nodded.

"Back? Why should you go back so soon?" You heard and looked. It was your mother and father. They were smiling at you but it wasn't a friendly smile.