1

ROSESTAEE

~~~

Yoongi woke up to the sun hitting his eyes.  He stretched and lifted himself off of the rock and began to move his fin.  The mermaid swam around to check around the reef, making sure everything was okay.

He swam near shore to where the rocks were and rested his arms over the surface.  A crab crawled from between the cracks and moved closer to Yoongi.

The mermaid smiled at it as he watched it pinch it's small claws and move back and forth.  He seemed distracted by the sea creature that he didn't notice the wave wrapping a bit of seaweed on his tail.

"They should be over here!"

The mermaid panicked at the closeness of the voice and pushed himself away from the rock now realizing the seaweed tied to his tail.

"Enough with the crabs, Joon."

Yoongi sunk down in the water the seaweed keeping him attached to the rocks.  He made sure to make the smallest amount of movement possible so they wouldn't notice him.

Muffled voices were heard that he couldn't seem to understand.  He's been attempting to learn their language for quite a while now, but he's unsure if it's right.

The seaweed around his tail began to move towards the water's surface causing the mermaid to cry out.  He reached over in an attempt to untie it, and was able to grab it, but he was already above surface.

Two humans froze as they stared at the mermaid in front of them.  Their faces turned a light pink from how cute the smaller was.  Not to mention his light blue tail shinning in the sunlight.  It matched his mint hair.

A terrified noise escaped the mermaid's lips as his eyes grew teary.  The humans immediately snapped out of their trance and quickly released the seaweed causing the mermaid to fall backwards.

The crab had already crawled away leaving the humans to this mess.  Before he managed to fall all the way they grabbed onto the seaweed again.

"Oh shit, we're so sorry!"

"Do you need help with that?"

Seokjin pointed to the seaweed around his tail, in which the mermaid nodded.  The human reached into his back pocket and brought out keys.  Yoongi growing a bit scared at the piece of metal.

The brunette began to saw away at the seaweed slowly freeing his tail.  Once it was loose enough the mermaid slipped his tail out and sunk back into the water.

He hugged himself and looked up to see that they didn't dive after him and swam up.  His head coming out from the water.

"T-thank y-you?"

They grew a bit surprised at the smaller's deep voice.

"O-oh, you're welcome."

The male to the right kept on staring at him causing Yoongi tilt his head at him.

"Your eyes are really pretty!"

The man next to him sighed before covering the males mouth.  Yoongi noticed how attractive the two were and rested his arms on the rocks once more.

"Excuse him, he's a bit of a panicked gay.  My name's Seokjin.  What's yours?"

Yoongi looked at Seokjin oddly before pointing to himself.  The male nodded at the smaller's gesture.

"O-oh, Y-yoongi."

"Makes sense, you're really shining.  Especially your eyes, oh my go-"

"Stop taking about his eyes, Joon."

"But they're pretty."

"I know."

The mermaid looked between them in confusion.  He couldn't keep up with what they were saying. A bunch of words were being said that he couldn't understand, not to mention how fast they were speaking.

"M-more s-slow."

The two stopped talking and their attention moved back to the mermaid.  The smaller sunk a bit deeper into the water thinking he said something wrong.

"Story?"

Was that the right word for him to use, he wasn't really sure.  The mermaid flapped his fin nervously and tilted his head as they stared at him.

The mint haired male grew a bit too nervous and sunk into the water and swam off.  He was swimming for a bit before peaking his head out the water.  He saw the two humans standing on the rocks looking around the water.

One of them seemed to notice him and waved.  It was the human who stayed besides the man who help him.  The mermaid lifted his hand up and waved back before diving back into the water.

The mermaid swam through the reef trying to think of the names he was told, or was it a word he didn't know.  He huffed, and air bubbles rosed to the surface.

An idea popped into his head, as he looked around the reef.  Maybe a few pretty shells would make it up with the humans, sort of like a peace offering.

~~~

I am never going outside a g a i n.