Chapter Forty-Four: Hey Diego Are You Okay? / Moms Are Cool...

Start from the beginning

[hargreeves kitchen–2002]

"How did you get here, Jordan?" Grace asked him. She was sitting across from him, watching him carefully pick at the sandwich provided—he wanted to eat the BLT, it looked fucking delicious, but he didn't need to eat. So, he picked at a few pieces of lettuce and pretended to eat the bread; really, he was just spitting it out into the napkin.

"Er, well...Five...brought me here," he mumbled. Was he supposed to tell her the truth? She was a very kind woman, who apparently was the Hargreeve's mother. It's not like it was a complete lie; Five had brought him here. Just, halfway across the country after they where attacked by crazy people and other assorted events that only happen in bad fanfictions or great TV shows.

"He did?" Her eyes sparkled with excitement. "Are you two dating?"

"Uh–well–see–no–actually–"

"You are!" Grace smiled and reached over, lightly touching Jordan's hand. "You seem like a lovely young man, and I'm so happy Five found someone like you. I do hope that you come back after escaping!"

"Uh, yeah, sure." Jordan shrugged. He was okay with that.

Grace smiled wider. "Now, we must figure out how to get Five out of the cell. It is the same one Vanya was kept in—I assume so, as it's the only cell in the house I'm aware of—but Pogo has the keys. I'm sure we can manage to get them."

"Woah, wait—Vanya was held in a cell? When?"

"Oh, about four, five years old. It's not something I'm proud of, but she seems to be doing much better." Grace waved his shock away. "Now, Jordan, we must discuss battle plans."

Out of nowhere, she produced a blueprint. Carefully using cups to hold down the curling edges, she began to point out key points of the house. Jordan watched intently, glad for an excuse to stop pretending to eat.

The two where awake for another hour before Grace declared he must get some rest. She quietly led him to a room hidden away in the kitchen. "Reginald does not come down here, and Pogo doesn't think to check this room; it used to be living quarters for all the nannies. Before Vanya killed them all, of course."

"What?"

"Goodnight, dear," Grace patted his shoulder. "Don't let the bed bugs bite." She leaned over and brushed a curl out of his eyes and lightly kissed his forehead in such a motherly fashion that Jordan's heart ached. He couldn't remember anytime his own mother had done that.

Grace smiled once more and then whisked herself away, heels clicking up the stairs.

Jordan lay in the bed, covers pulled up to his chin, and thought about the blue prints. He thought about Five, about the other six Hargreeve siblings, about Ron and Tate and his mother, and wished they where all safe and cozy. Even though he knew they weren't.

~{}~

Five rubbed his eyes harshly. He didn't want anyone to see that he'd been crying. That is, if anyone showed up to see him.

It was cold. And quiet. Too quiet; it felt like his head was the only noise, and it was much too loud. The thoughts where buzzing like bumblebees, Wild and frightening.

Five screamed angrily and kicked the door again. Nothing happened, of course, except his toes hurt incredibly.

He didn't want to say anything, because if he did, he'd feel insane—more insane than he normally did. He hoped that Jordan had either escaped or found somewhere to hide until Fuve got out. Because he would get out. Even if this room seemed to stop his powers, he'd do it.

He would. He had too. So he would.

Five whispered this to himself as he leaned against and then slid down the wall, tears forming in his eyes as his head started to shriek with insecurities and fears.

[jordans house]

Allison chewed her lip. "They should be here," she said.

"The alarm was going off. They probably just got held back." Klaus spoke up, although the nervous shaking of his leg betrayed him. "They'll be here soon, okay? But you need to sleep."

Allison shook her head. "No, I need to clean. You go sleep."

Klaus paused, staring at his sister with concern in his eyes. He wished her a quiet goodnight, told her to sleep at least for half an hour, and disappeared up the stairs. The bodies from up there had already been dragged into the backyard.

Allison blinked, her heart pounding with fear and love and worry. Then, she tucked a curl behind her ear and grabbed a dead man by the ankles, pulling him out the door and tossing him in the pile with the others.

She worked until the sun came up. She worked until Ben and Klaus came down and helped, both chiding her for not sleeping. Luther didn't speak; he started digging the hole where the bodies would be buried. It was Thursday, and nobody in the house had slept.

It was Thursday morning, and they'd already lost so much.

A/N:
wow what a chapter!! poor Diego, and Five, and literally everyone else!
this will be the last chapter for about ten or so days, as I am going to a summer camp and won't have access to my phone.
anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a lovely, lovely day!!!