9• The Place She Awaits At

🐏

🐏

I'm in hell.

All around me is burning flame.

Clenching Bah-dley in my arms I can only stare in wide eyed horror. A forest burns with raging fires, animals scurry away but not all escape. Their fur catches as they run resulting in scattering balls of flame. Their high pitched squeaks are burned forever in my mind.

I squeeze my eyes shut and bury my face into Bah-dley's head. My voice is under lock and key. I can't seem to find it. I know that if I just open my mouth and call out for them, it'll all disappear. Everything will return as it should be.

Indigo, my security blanket who reads me fairytales to chase away the bad scary things that hide under my bed.

Christian, the one who watches me with such care, as if I'm a babe learning to walk for the first time and might fall.

Fakir, the mischievous tea brewer who is so eager to be there, just be there.

Corvus, the sad eyed bird who sees me as some curious trinket he's not sure if he wants to add to his nest.

Judas, my shadow who watches over me as I sleep and grumps at me like an old man.

I can't though. My voice box is paralyzed with fear. I can't call out their names.

Indigo.

Christian.

Fakir.

Corvus.

Judas.

Where are you when I'm scared? Where are you when I need you the most? I'm so afraid. My whole world is crashing and burning around me and I haven't the slightest idea what I'm suppose to do.

Please don't leave me.

Aren't dreams suppose to be there when you need them the most?

Where are you now? Where are you when my life is up in flames?

The air feels differently. It melts and trembles like rippling water. The scent of ash and burning fur vanishes. The heat is gone, instead there's now a cool breeze tickling my skin.

Taking a deep breathe for bravery, I peak out from his fleeced head and look up. A startled gasp leaves my lips and I drop Bah-dley to dangle him from one of his little hooves by my side. Spinning in a slow circle I take in what my chaotic world has become.