Chapter 8

Jake's (P.O.V)

I woke up with a start. My Queen is still sleeping on my chest.
To say that I'm nervous about today would be an understatement because I've got something special planned for my special and only lady. I'm just scared of her reaction and I'm hoping and praying that it'll be a positive reaction that's in my favor so fingers crossed.

I silently got out of bed and made my way in the bathroom for a quick shower because I've got a lot to get done before prom this afternoon. I step out of the shower and get dressed while grabbing my phone and message Chris and Josh to come over.
Speaking about Chris and Josh I'm really happy that they turn out to be mates because they stable each other life's perfectly just like Jen and I.

Five minutes later they both walk in asking what's up and I told them my plan. Josh couldn't help but scream I had to sush him saying that Jen's still asleep.
Chris and I will be organizing the surprise while Josh keeps Jen busy for the day then help her get ready for our Prom.

6 hours later

I'm already dressed in my tuxedo waiting downstairs for my Queen.
I'm starting to get impatient and so is Chris but five minutes later my prayers have been answered because my Queen stroll down the stairs looking like her majesty in self and I couldn't let another second pass without talking a picture with her to remember this wonderful moment so I hand Chris the camera and went to stand next to her.

"You look ravishing,"I whisper next to her ear while nibbling it lightly making her blush.
"Thank you, you look handsome as well,"she replied making me give her my signature smile.

Anyone could tell that I was nervous because I was fiddling with my fingers non-stop on our way to the venue.
As our limo pull up I got out and held the door for her . She then hook her hand with mine and we walk down the red carpet only stopping to take a few pictures for the school's book. I lead her to one of the couple's table and hand her a glass of champagne and took one for myself because I need it to calm my nerves.
This year's Prom will be different because they wouldn't be announcing the king and queen instead I'll take over just as planned and then if everything goes well Jen and I will be opening the dance floor.

It's time and I'm shaking. Chris came up to me and said," dude you've got nothing to worry about she loves you and you're her mate of course she'll say yes." I nodded and replied,"Thanks man I really needed that."

And as planned again Josh cut the light while I made my way up to the stage the spot light will be on me any minute now.
I take a deep breath in and as soon as the spot light hits me I started to sing "Marry You" by Bruno Mars and made my way back to Jen.
I could see the shock that's written on her face as I sang and continue my journey. When I reach her I finish the song and got down on my knees, she gasped as I took out a navy blue velvet box out of my pocket and open it.
"Jen you know I'm not good with words and that I show you how I feel about you with actions but I'll still try. The second you bumped into me on your first day of River High I know that you're the one for me when I heard your sailor mouth." She laugh when I said that and I continue " and when I look into your mesmerizing eyes it was love at first sight and if you don't believe in that then I'd walk a thousand fucking times back so you would believe me when I say that I fell for you that very instant so now in front of everyone present here I'd like to ask you a question. Will you Jennifer Parks do me the honor of making me the happiest man on Earth and marry me?"

I can see tears streaming down her eyes and I'm sure I'm crying too. It didn't even take her a second to answer it's like she already knew that she wanted to be with me forever because she instantly replied"Yes Jake Patterson I'll marry you!" The whole room erupted with applause and whistles.
I didn't hesitate to slip the ring on her finger and kiss her senseless.

We then open the dance floor. Jen and I dance for what felt like hours until something caught our attention.
Twenty masked men silently making their way into the room with machine guns.
Jen kiss me saying that she'll be right back and I know what she's going to do because after all she's the best F.B.I agent.
I watch as she took out her silencer and gun as well as a knife and made her way towards the guys blending in the crowd to be unnoticeable. She speed walk to five of them and slit their throats then shot five more she then broke the next ten necks silently and made her way back to me I grabbed her and kiss her hard,"and that's why they call you the silent killer." I said to her and she just gave me a shy smile. Who would have known this shy, blushing girl just add twenty more bodies to her list.

(Tas❤️)