Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six:

It had been nearly a week since Tony Stark's funeral, and the announcement that Mid Town High school would begin classes again on Monday, which sadly was tomorrow.

Hazel sat on the floor of Peter Parker's room, watching him trying to get a box off of a high shelf in his closet. Things were starting to get back to normal, well, as normal as they possible could be.

"Could you help?"

Hazel looked up at him with a weird expression, "You do realize you're taller than me."

He scoffed, jumping up once more, fingers scrapping the box just enough that it came tumbling down at his feet. He huffed picking it up, slamming it down on his desk rather dramatically.

"What's in it?" Hazel asked walking over next to him and peering into the box. She saw a school sweater and a few year books, nothing out of the ordinary.

"May packed up my school things and put them in this box after... you know." He shrugged taking out the blue sweater, the school's yellow logo popping out. "I'm gonna need it all now since school's starting up again."

"That's true."

He raised an eyebrow at her, "So did you not go to school for all those years?"

"Nope." She grinned, "It was freeing, really. Though, I can't remember anything to do with Math whatsoever."

"That's not very good, Hazel." Peter shook his head.

"I turned out fine!" She protested.

He rolled his eyes, taking out a year book and flipping threw it. His eyes widened and quickly shut the book, tossing it aside. Hazel waited a few minutes before lunging at it, picking it up and flipping to the page that was crumbled at the edge due to his panicked movements. Her eyes landing on a picture of him in Grade Nine.

Peter was grinning at the camera, wearing thick black rimmed glasses. His forehead was littered with pimples and Hazel looked from the picture to him.

"You have like the stereotypical 'nerd' vibe." She smiled looking at it, noticing the turtle neck that was covering his neck. "And a turtle neck? Wow, you were very fashionable."

He snatched the book away from her, "It was picture day and May told me to look my best."

"That's your best? Since when do you need glasses?"

He tossed the book back into the bin, "Since I couldn't really see. That's when."

Hazel walked over and flopped down onto the bottom bunk of his bed, looking around she realized the room was still pretty much empty. "Did she pack away most of your stuff?"

He nodded, "I think so. But I'll be working on getting it all out this week."

"I was wondering where all your LEGO sets went."

Peter looked away from her, "I don't know."

"Have you seen Ned or Michelle yet?" She dared her asking, hoping that since they would see them tomorrow he would be ready to talk about it. "Since you've been back?"

"No. I haven't had time."

He was frowning as he carried the box back to his closet and managed to get it back onto the high shelf, Hazel sighed pulled herself up into a sitting position.