Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

The Avenger Tower loomed in front of them, jutting out into the sky, blocking out some sunlight. Hazel had wandered by this building many times back when it hadn't been destroyed, but she never payed it any attention. Now, as she snuck through it with Steve, she had a hard time not focusing on the expensive finishes.

"You need to be careful." He pulled her aside before they entered, "This building is swarming with people of Hydra, and most of them are wearing S.H.I.E.L.D badges."

"So?"

His eyes squinted, "Did Tony not to tell you?"

"Clearly, he did not."

Steve shook his head, "Apparently you met Tony over the fact that people were after you? Well, they were apart of Hydra, the same people who experiment and tortured Bucky."

"I know what Hydra is, Steve. They're in all of the stories you tell." She watched him focus into the building from the window. "I just didn't know they apparently involved me."

"You remember those?" He chuckled.

"Of course! Your stories were awesome, I mean, they sucked for you but I remember everything you told me."

"Down." He mumbled grabbing ahold of her arm and yanking her onto the sidewalk, they both fell silent while he continued to peek into the building.

"Gotta hustle, Cap." Tony's voice filled their ear pieces. Hazel jumped at the sudden loud voice, earning a glare from Steve. "Things look like they're just about wrapped up here."

"Got it, we're heading to the elevator now."

"Um, no we're not." She whispered.

He huffed taking another look inside before jumped up, motioning for Hazel to follow, and head into the building.

"Walk with confidence. Act like you're meant to be here."

"Noted." She said straightening her back, she raised her head and copied some of Steve's subtle actions.

Tony's voice filtered through the piece, and then what sounded like a muffled snort. "Ugh, Mr Rogers. I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass."

Hazel had to bite her tongue as a laugh threatened to escape her lips, but she coughed quietly to disguise it.

"No one asked you to look, Tony." Steve huffed. He looked to Hazel, glaring. "What happened to maturing with adulthood?"

"I'm 21, and with adulthood comes a great sense of humour."

"I think you look great, Cap." Scott's voice joined the group, not hearing Steve's remark to Hazel. "As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass!"

That comment made her snort, she was grinning as they slipped into the stairwell, taking the steps two at a time. After minutes of silence, Steve turned and glared at her. "Don't encourage them."

She shrugged, "But he's not wrong. That is totally America's ass."

"All right, Cap. I got our sceptre in the elevator just passing the 80th floor." Tony's voice warned.

They approached a exit and they rushed through, finding the elevator and clicking the single button.

"You wait here, alright. After five minutes go back down onto the main level and meet everyone at the alley around the back." He told her, "And if any sketchy people attack you, whisper hail hydra."

"Hail what now?"

He shrugged, not saying anything else. She crossed her arms, "What was the point of me coming if I'm not really doing anything?"