10. The Sadistic Prince

Start from the beginning

My father watched me as I looked at the castle in awe and chuckled. He led me up long stairs to the entrance. There, he looked at me with complete seriousness.

"Please act with caution in your every move today, sweetie. There are a few detestable rumors about our family every since we imprisoned that woman. Be polite, but have fun," he said while patting my head.

"Yes, of course," I replied.

"Also, keep it a secret that Ace can talk. I, myself, nearly blew up when I realized he could speak. Don't leave anywhere without Ace or walk away with any beasts," he said with a serious tone.

What are these beasts

Anyway, my father walked in first, leaving me to be the last to enter the castle. 

As soon as I walk in, my debut party would begin and all attention would be on me.

I breathed in and gave a heavy sigh. I calmed myself and then opened the doors.

"Cordelia de Boren Cyllia has arrived," a man boomed. 

In a brief second, I felt the stares of every person in that room. But for some reason, they continued to stare at me. 

The women in the room had wide eyes. 

The men in the room slowly turned red. 

I even saw some bloody noses.

The person who had the reddest face was my father. 

He looked really mad for some reason.

Was there something on my face?

There were only a few people in the room who actually noticed Ace. 

Their expressions turned to shock as they looked to Ace and back to me. 

I guess they were surprised that I had a dragon familiar, since familiars, in general, were extremely rare-not to mention a dragon one. 

Everyone continued to stare at me, which really bothered me.

Why? I was confused about why they continued to stare, but I became embarrassed and quickly covered my face with my hat. 

My own face was red now. 

I immediately grabbed a ton of food. 

Food is the only thing that will calm me down. 

Basically, every food you could think of was at the All-You-Can-Eat Buffet corner in the ballroom. 

Everything was made by the top chefs in the kingdom, so I know the food is going to be good. 

~Lucky me!

After grabbing my food, I quickly left the vicinity.  

As I left the room, I think I saw my father activating his magic...

Technically, it was still the afternoon and my magic test would take place at midnight according to customs. So, I still had a lot of time to do whatever I liked in this huge castle.

I walked around until I found a magical garden. It nearly took my breath away since it was so beautiful.

 It nearly took my breath away since it was so beautiful