seventeen

M: hey

V: hi..

M: whats up

V: hanging with L.. you?

M: hanging w. TV. (:

"What are you doing?" Luke looked over Vanessa's shoulder as they laid on his bed, both unengaged in the movie that they turned on.

"Texting," Vanessa replied, looking up at him.

"Who?" Luke kept trying to look at her phone.

"It's just Jess," she lied, pushing his face away.

M: r we still on for sat.?

Vanessa almost forgot that she made plans to go video game hunting with Michael. She had to be more careful because Luke was jealous and didn't like Michael. She rolled her eyes at that thought. She can have friends other than Luke, Brian, and Jessie.

V: yes sir we are

M: awesome, cnt wait.

She wanted to hide it, but she really was kind of excited for Saturday. Luke doesn't know, but she loved video games. She never told him because he made fun of Brian for playing all the time. What he didn't know was that Vanessa would hang out with Brian and they'd play Call Of Duty, Halo, The Walking Dead, and help each other with cheats on Kingdom Hearts.

A: you really are comin sunday?

One after the other. Michael, Ashton, next thing she knew Brian would be texting her and Luke would have a heart attack. Speaking of Luke, he was glaring at her from the corner of his eye. He'd tried taking an interest in the movie to distract him from who she could be texting, but every time her phone went off, he'd find his gaze wandering to Vanessa. Who could she possibly be talking to? Luke wasn't stupid. He knew conversations between Vanessa and Jessie never dragged out like this.

V: im really coming

A: im shocked

V: i'd never miss a packers game

A: well lets hope they win :)

V: they definitely will

Vanessa could feel eyes on her, and when she looked over at Luke. He was already staring at her. "What?" She asked. He shook his head, still staring at her. "It's just Ashton."

"It was Jessie a few minutes ago," he snapped then covered his mouth, his eyes lowering in shame.

"I do have other friends," Vanessa replied carefully, her eyes narrowing. "it isn't just you I hang around."

"I know, I-I'm sorry," he whispered, looking down at his bed. She sighed, pushing herself off the bed and started pulling her shoes on. "I guess you're leaving." Luke kept his voice quiet, scared to yell at her or that he'll crack.

"Yeah, I have to watch Mitchell tonight."

"Want me to come by later?" His eyes followed her movements, watching her pull her phone out again.

M: still want me over later

V: yeah

"I'll see you later," she went over and gave him a quick kiss before heading out of his house and started down the sidewalk.

"Yeah, I guess," he mumbled to himself. How many more times do I need to fuck up before she decides to leave for good?

_____________________________________________________________

Twitter: @lukesenemies