two

NOTE: This chapter is pretty much just Luke and Vanessa texting each other back and forth, occasionally panning out in third person.

______________________________________________________

Luke: hey - L

Vanessa: who is this? - V

Luke: really? it's luke - L

She rolled her eyes, debating on continuing the conversation. It's Wednesday, he hasn't talked to her since Monday after their trial run. She assumed he didn't want to continue with her (which she was entirely fine with). Why was he texting her now?

Vanessa: what do you need.

Luke: hi :-) - L

Vanessa: that's a ridiculous smiley face.

Luke: now that you know its me, can i quit putting the L at the end? - L

Vanessa: i guess.

Luke: thanks. what's up

Vanessa: why are you texting me.

He huffed, resting his forehead on his phone. "Holy patience," he muttered to himself. He thought, just to piss her off, he'd have some fun with this.

Luke: am i not allowed to talk to my toys? ;-)

She looked at the text in complete disgust, her fingers moving furiously across the glass.

Vanessa: i am not a damn toy. i am a person. and i will end this if you continue to call me that.

Luke: i was kidding babydoll.

Vanessa: don't call me that either.

He gritted his teeth, getting more than frustrated with her.

Luke: there's a party saturday. we're going.

Vanessa: sorry, i don't do parties.

Luke: i don't believe i asked nor did i put a ? at the end of that statement.

Vanessa: who the fuck do you think you are?

Luke: i'm luke, you're vanessa, and we're going to the party.

Vanessa: i'm busy that day.

Luke: doing what?

Vanessa: not hanging out with you.

Luke: cmon princess, i need to show off my new girl.

Vanessa: we're not a thing. i'm not your girl. find someone else.

Luke: just come to the damn party.

Vanessa: no.

He was infuriated. One damn Saturday was all he was asking for. But she wouldn't even give him that. He grumbled explicives under his breath, tapping away on the glass of his phone screen.

Luke: cmon V. you agreed to this, so you have to go.

Vanessa: i agreed to sexual activities whenever either wanted, not do everything together.

Luke: well, what if i promise sexual activities before, during, &/or after the party? ;-)

She scoffed, throwing her phone on her bed beside her. She had had enough of his stupid antics and everything he had said to her so far has been disgusting and she didn't want the conversation to continue.

She listened to her phone buzz about five times before she finally looked at it again, annoyed beyond her limits.

Luke: babe.

Luke: princess?

Luke: babydoll?

Luke: vanessa

Luke: for fucks sake, i'll pick you up at 8 saturday. try not to think of me tonight ;-)

Vanessa: i'd only think of ways to kill you. :)

He breathed out a bitter chuckle, shaking his head in disbelief. Maybe he deserved some coldness from her, but not this bullshit.

Luke: you can keep up this shitty 'i don't care' act

Luke: but i know how you really are

Luke: you're elated i'm talking to you again

She rolled her eyes, scrolling through the texts with a bored, yet somehow slightly amused expression at how desperate he sounded. But her amusement dissipated when she read the last text he sent.

Luke: because, if you really hated me like you say you do, you wouldve never texted back after you found out it was me

Her jaw clenched, locking her phone then threw it on her bed again, clutching her pillow to her chest as she buried her face in it.

He waited for her to reply, seeing that she read his text.

Read 12:41 AM

His jaw set, tapping his screen occasionally to prevent it from locking on him. He did it for about 10 minutes until he realized that she wasn't going to respond. He huffed, locking his phone and set it on his nightstand, plugging in the charger and laid down on his back. He stared at the ceiling, as if it held all the answers to his questions. Luke folded his hands and rested them on his stomach, his foot bouncing slightly as he thought quietly.

Since when did I give a shit if Vanessa texted me back?

He reached over and looked at his phone, in hopeless expectations that she replied. He smiled, seeing she did.

Vanessa: i'm still not going.

Luke: see you saturday babydoll. ;-)

_______________________________________________________________

NOTE: Sorry if this seemed a bit short. I can't exactly make a simple text conversation stretch out, considering Vanessa is supposed to hate Luke. (In case you're wondering how he got her number, she never changed it since she's had her phone.) Anyway, thank you for the 12 reads. It makes me very happy that there are people actually interested.

I promise some smut in the next chapter. It'll be mild, but there will be smut.

Also, does anyone have a specific nickname that Luke should call Vanessa? He has an abundance of names he calls her, but what's a permanent one you'd like?

- princess

- babydoll

- my toy

- babe/baby (classic & unoriginal, but still an option)

Thank you again for reading!

- Jenn

p.s. this is not a punk'd or dark luke, this is a normal luke. he's just being a douchebag because he can.

Twitter: @lukesenemies