chapter 28: My Destiny, My sacrifice

I sat alone in the wilderness replaying the conversation in my head.

"I guess we need to talk" she said.

I nodded.

We sat down as she spoke.

"Hayley, as the chosen one, you have to sacrifice something great." She started.

I only nodded while listening intensely.

She sighs.

"This war will carry on. Unless you give yourself up. If you don't, people will die. Innocent men, women and children will die. Thoses that you love will perish." She said sadly.

I looked at her shocked.

"HOW am I  suppose to stop all this?" I asked.

"When you reach a place where you feel like you can touch the sky. That is when you will know what to do." She said

I looked at her confused. Reach a place where I feet like I can reach the sky? Whats that even suppose to mean. Before I could answer anything she was gone. Leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I remembered back to the day Austin and I made a promise to each other.

"NO matter what little sister, I will do anything to protect you." His little 5 year old self said.

"And I promise to protect you, even it means my life." I pinky promised.

I sigh. How am I suppose to save everyone when I don't even know a place where I feel like I can reach the sky.

My thoughts no longer occupy me as I got up. My head a bit dizzy as l walked. As I did I could here someone approaching. My headache because worse and I found the nearest tree to stabilize myself. As the noise got closer I heard a muffled voice. My head became to much and I felt myself falling. I braced for impact but it never came. I felt arms around me and a voice I could recognise as my pack member.

"I found her!"

Before anything else I saw nothing but black. I'm unconscious, again.
...........................................................................

I'm in my bedroom looking out the window as the heavy rain hit against it. Austin and Jared continue their daily checkups on me making sure I haven't died on them. Hayden is beside me simply hugging me and keeping me company.

I turn to look at him. He looked down on me with his stupid perfect smile, his dazzling eyes and man did he have abs for days. Muhhhh.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked

I simply smile at him and give him a peck on the lips. It caught him off guard but he smiled and placed his lips on mine again. This felt right. This moment felt perfect. Just me and my mate alone. But it didn't erase the fact that I have to die. So much for living happily with my mate and having children one day. I sighed.

I know what I have to do. He had to leave to handle something important. Before he left I kissed him once again. This time more passionately. We broke away from each other and I looked in his eyes.

"I love you Hayden." I said.

He smiled and looked at me.

"I love you too Hayley." He said before kissing me again and leaving me.

I got changed into something comfortable. I walked downstairs and outside. I knew my brother and Jared where following closely behind. When I was little Austin and I would come out and play in the woods. I followed the path and found my way at a cliff.

I stood at the edge. I looked down. A tear running down my face. I turned around and saw Jared and Austin come out from the trees. Curiosity written on their faces.
I ran up to them and hugged them. Tears coming down. They held me as I cried.

I pulled away and looked at them.

"I'm sorry." I said.

I put my head against Jareds forehead.

"I will miss you." I told him.

I got up and hugged Jared. I turned to Austin. My brother. I hugged him while leaning my forehead against his.

"I will miss you both. So much." I whispered.

My eyes closed as I embraced my brother one last time. I let go of them and held their hands. I looked them in the eyes.

"I love you. Both." I said.

Before they knew it I let go of their hands and ran to the cliff. I stopped and turned around. They both called out my name.

"HAYLEY!"

"REMEMBER I LOVE YOU BOTH!" I yelled before falling.

"No!" I heard Austin yelled.

I felt a hand grip mine. I looked down and was already over the cliff. I looked up at Austin. He had his hand gripping on the edge of the cliff and on the other holding mine. He looked down at me.

"Let me go." I said.

He shock his head.

"Never!" He yelled.

He tried pulling me up but it was no use.

"Austin. Let me go."

"No! Please! I still need you! I need you here with me!" He pleaded.

"I'm sorry Austin. I love you." I said again before letting go of his hand. I was slipping from his grasp.

"Take care" I said before falling.
....................................

2 years later...

I watched as Austin and his mate had twins. A boy and a girl. The boys name is Damien and the little girl is named Hayley. After me. Hayden found his second chance mate who is beautiful and gorgeous. Jared and Skylar are happy and my parents are happy with their grand children. The war ended when I died and everything is in balance. I looked over to the moon goddess.

She smiled sadly towards me and I just nodded. My life is not over. Not yet anyways. So I'll stay here with the moon goddess until another war will break out. Because soon, it will happen. And it's a dark one.
.......................................................................

So that's it. My story has come to an end. I hope you guys enjoyed that I really do. Stay safe and take care.