chapter 7: Little girl

Hayley's POV

As we drove back home me Sky, and the guys wanted to go and spend some time at the pack house. As we walked through alot of them said hi and some smiled. The children were all playing outside at the back. Laughter was heard. The thing that I like about this pack is that there are no omegas, everyone is equal. Like at my pack. 

A group of boys went towards Austin and Jared and a group of girls came to us. All the little ones went to play tag and we joined in with them while I could here the guys playing wrestling with the little ones. 

I stopped playing for a little while. As I sat I heard a little cry in the woods. I heard a couple panicking. Sky and the guys knew what to do. They kept the kids distracted while I went to find out. As I ran inside I overheard the couple speaking to Erik.

"Please help us find our daughter!!" The women begged 

"I'm sorry but I am unable to find her." Erik said 

What an complete ass hole. I ran back out and Listened in on the woods. 

As I concentrated I heard a little girl crying. 

"Please don't hurt me. I want my mommy!" The girl screamed.   

"We won't hurt you. We just want to have some fun with you." A very creepy voice said.

I stopped and found her. There are three men. I can take them. I turned to Sky.

"Sky! I found her! northeast out side the boarder from here. I'll be back!" I yelled out. 

She nodded. 

I ran in the woods. In less then a minute I got to her. A man in mid 20's was holding a knife behind his back. And two early 20's were holding a colt mustang and another holding a Desert Eagle 50 AE. I hid my scent and ran like the wind to one of them and killed them one by one ripping there head off.

Once I got rid of them I made sure the little one couldn't see any blood on me. As I approached the girl, she was crying. 

"Hey" I said to her calmly. 

She looked up. He fac was wet from the tears. She looked terrified.

"I want my mommy." She cried.

"Don't worry. I'm here to help you. I'll take you to your mommy." She looked up and nodded her head while running towards me in my arms. 

Once she calmed down she spoke again.

"Thank you for saving me from those bad men." She said 

Awwww she's so cute. What!? I may be an assassin but I'm not heartless sometimes.

"What's your name sweetie?" I asked her 

" My name is Marie. And you?" she replied

"My name is Hayley" I replied

She smiled happily and she seems to trust me. She had a big smile on her face and hugged me as I carried her back to the pack house. As she was drifting off to sleep I used this opportunity to heal her.

Once done I walked back with her clinging onto me as she slept. It took me 30 minutes to walk back with her sleeping on me. 

'Sky, I found the girl and she's safe with me.Oh and her name is Marie and she is currently sleeping on me' I mind-linked her

'ok I'll tell her parents.'  she replied 

Sky's POV 

As Hayley ran into the woods I told the little ones to go inside and play there. The boys went and followed the little girls in. I walked inside with Jared and Austin.

As we walked in we could over hear a couple pleading to Erik to find there daughter. Me being me I walked in. 

"Don't worry. She is being found at this very moment." I said to the couple 

The couple and Erik looked at me. 

"What do you mean?" the women asked hopeful 

I was about to answer when Hayley mind-linked me.   

'Sky, I found the girl and she's safe with me. Oh and her name is Marie and is currently sleeping on me' She mind-linked me

'ok I'll tell her parents.' I replied 

"She has been found. Your daughter, her name is Marie?" I asked

"Yes! How did you know?" the man asked

I smiled 

"She is safe and on her way with Hayley." I replied

"Wait Hayley went to look for her!?" Erik yelled 

"Yes and she found her unlike you who did nothing." Austin said 

Erik growled at Austin. Austin just smirked knowing he got on his nerves. I turned back to the couple.

"I assure you, your daughter is in safe hands." the couple seemed to relax a bit. 

We waited half an hour until she made her grand entrance smelling like blood meaning she had to kill someone, well at least in front of the kid. 

the couple were about to yell when Hayley spoke.

"shh. She's sleeping." She whispered

the couple nodded and took the girl. As Marie was in her mothers arms, the coupled mouthed a 'thank you.' to her and to Jared, Austin and I. 

"let's go bed. I'm tired and we have a meeting in the morning with Uncle Sam and Aunt Eve about training." Austin said.

We nodded our heads and went home.

Hayley's POV

I turned to Erik.

"Your such an asshole telling them that you were 'unable to find her' really?" I  yelled angrily 

"You heard?" Erik asked confused 

"Yes! I could hear her crying at the northeast side just out side the boarder! I thought you would help but no! you didn't!" I yelled more furious

"What was I suppose to do! I'm not even alpha yet! I have my own problems to sort out and not anyone else's!" Erik yelled back

"Problems! You may not be alpha but you will be someday! If your pack member is in danger then you go and find him or her no matter the circumstances! not tell their parents saying 'I'm sorry, I'm unable to find her' you need to grow up and learn how to become a good leader someday for your people" I yelled. 

With that I stormed off back home.