Then there was two...

Chapter 19

Maia's point of view

         An hour after we called the fire department and explained what we saw we started to walk to Amber's house. I was keeping  a clear mind walking until we reached the front of my house when Amber stopped. "I have to see if Isaac's okay, do you mind staying here?" I was about to say no, then I had to consider the things that just happened. I still can't remember half.

        "Yeah sure, that's fine just come and get me when your finished." She nodded her head and continued to walk down the side walk. I had no idea if Luke was home or not today, guess I'll find out.

        I got the spare key under the welcome mat and opened the door. Hearing loud rock music blaring from a closed door. I couldn't say that it didn't give me a heart attack. He usual didn't blast out his stereo system to often. I wouldn't be to concerned if I hadn't had all this stuff happen to me. I had to see what was wrong with him.

        I walked down the hallway and made it to his door. I knocked loud enough for him to hear but not loud enough to sound mean. I waited for a minute not hearing any movement behind the door. "Luke." I yelled. I still didn't hear anything.

        "Go away Maia, I'm fine." I could hear a sad tone in his voice. I hated to sound like my mother, but I was worried.

        "Please open the door." I pleaded. I heard him lower the volume on the stereo. I heard him unlock the door. He opened in quickly I looked at him, closely taking in details. He looked fine beyond comparison. He just seemed like he was down about something. "What's wrong with you?" He looked at me and smiled, shutting the door in my face. I didn't do anything to him.

        "Luke! Why did you just close the door in my face?" I heard him turn back up the volume, and yell over the music.

        "You know what you did. I'm just glad I can hold a grudge, cause you are the last person I want to talk to." I was confused I had barley even talked to him in the past week. Now he suddenly hates me. Before I could start the argument I really didn't want to I heard my phone ring. I picked it up seeing it was Amber on the caller ID.

        "Hello?" I questioned. Waiting for Amber to continue, only she was quiet for what seemed like forever. "Hey?"

        "Maia.. He's been traumatized." Between Luke and Amber, I had no idea where all this horrible news was coming from considering we got rid of Emily. Unless she was still here or she had done damage before we killed her off.

        "Who's traumatized? And do you know why Luke could be mad at me?" I said walking away from the loud music, I was trying to hear what she was saying. She sounded upset, maybe I was to happy for once so everyone else had to be sad. I had no idea what was up with their moods.

        "Isaac!" She practically yelled. "I think Emily decided to go on a haunting spree while we were at Nacey's house. Maybe she visited Luke?" I rolled my eyes, she told him about Micheal there was nothing that would make him hate me this much. I started to walk out of the house.

        "Well, were are you Isacc's house? I don't remember that is." I started walking down the sidewalk. She stayed quiet for a minute until telling me a way to Isaac's house.

        "It's only a block down from your house." I sighed, I didn't have enough effort in me to say that it wasn't that far away. I hung up because I was tired of helping Amber every single second. The only time I wasn't is when I'm sleeping. If i ever got any sleep.