What now??

Chapter 8

Ambers point of view

I was standing there. Looking at Maia who couldn't talk. We had a horrible situation to fix. That ghost wasn't a person, it was a demon. A crazy one at that.

I was looking at the limbs of a boy who a once knew. Now gone and dead, because of me. I was a having a hard time breathing. I wasn't going to tell Maia that. She would freak out again. "I did this." I said looking at her.

"No, you didn't that crazy ghost did. Okay, we need to get rid of it. She could kill us, but it looks like she's having to much fun traumatizing us. It's not your fault." She was having a hard time reasoning all of this. I was wondering why he was dead. That lead to the note, it was on her bed surrounding by glorifying horror. Not something you would want to go get.

"The note." I mumbled. Maia took a breath and looked at the floor. She defiantly wasn't going to get it. I decided to grow up and be a big girl for once. I stepped on the carpet avoiding things to step on. I reached her bed and snatched the note and walked back. I opened it and started to read it out loud.

"So, now have you decided that ghost are real? That I am here, I can hurt you. I killed him. Now what's in it for you? You should start to be a respecting player. Maybe you can win this game a little faster..... instead of getting people who shouldn't be involved. Sneak around some more. See what'll happen... every second you waste, your ultimately failing. What you gonna do with the body now smart one?"

"What stupid game are we playing?" Maia asked, more like pleading for an answer. What game were we playing? The I hate you game?

"That's a good question." I was waiting for Emily to say something. Instead the lights were still flickering and another stupid bulb broke. Causing us both to scream.

A high pitched scratch went through the house. Making my ears ache from the noise. We turned towards the living room seeing blood drip from the wall. "The game where I get what I want. All your dark little secrets. Where there's only one winner, me" It was across the wall. Sending shivers through me. Maia looked at the wall and her room. "I'm finished, I'm soo finished. I don't care what you want. I'm not playing, This stupid thing is outrageous. I... I can't.. I'm no-" She broke down and curled into a ball into the floor.

I didn't know what to say. You could comfort your friend through a break up or a bad hair day. Not a day where you have a dead body in your room and a killer ghost in your house. Something not even your smart grandparents could tell you what to do. "Look, Maia. I know this is hard. It's really hard. I know you need time to process it, but now we don't have that kind of time. We need to clean everything up, and fast."

"Yeah, Amber what are we going to do with a dead body? We can't just bury him. He's probably missing, and the police will come and ask questions. My god I can't handle this. What the hell are we going to do?"

I had to think like a murder for a minute. Just a minute, what would I do. She was right we can't just bury him. "Maybe we can burn down everything and then bury him in the woods. Then just clean up your room." Maia looked widely at me, like I said a horrible thing.

"Amber! We can't just do that. Oh my god. I need to leave. I need to go somewhere." Maia didn't need to go anywhere, i have no idea what she would do.

"Okay, look. I'll deal with the body. And you can clean your room okay. Will that be fine?" She shook her head and got up. I had the hard part.

I sighed and got a trash bag and put every single torn thing in it. I asked for some gloves because it was bad enough I had to even move it. After I did that I went outside and sat down the bag careful, trying not to make any noise. I left Maia to clean. Giving her some needed space. I walked into the woods for about fifteen minutes. I stopped and started a small fire. This was a disgusting task to do. I started with the things I thought that would be the hardest to burn. I then just thought maybe I could make a bigger fire and turn things to ashes. The smell was awful enough. Dogs could smell it from miles away.

I sat there for what felt like forever. I started to burn the bag, watching little black pieces fly up. I saw the headlights of a car peering up the driveway. Dammit. I stomped out the fire and threw the ashes in the hole I made. I put a rock on top just in case a dog decided to dig.

I ran into the house and saw Maia in her room. She was sitting on her floor trying to scrub the blood stain that just wasn't going to come up. She got the hallway, which was good. Her bed was stripped of there covers. "Maia, come on. Your parents are home." I helped her up and told her to go sit in the living room. I through everything in her closet and turned off her light and shut the door.

I sat on the couch just as Maia was trying to wipe away her tears. "Stop crying, it's not going to be easy to explain." She sniffed and watched the front door open. Luke and Mrs. Smith came in. She waved at me "Hi Amber, I didn't know you were over here." I waved and smiled. Not that it was probably very believeable.

"Yeah, I just came to visit." She turned her attention off of me and on Maia. She sat down her pocket book.

"Maia, honey are you okay?" Maia sat up straighter. She faked her smile perfectly.

"I'm fine mom. Can I spend the night at Amber's tonight?" Her mom let out a sigh of relief.

"Sure why not." With that she stood up and walked to the door. "Bye" Her mom said as Maia kept going out the door. Before I knew it I was walking down the sidewalk. Maia was shaking and I was pretty sure still tearing up.

"What are we going to do?" Maia asked speeding her way to my house.

"What do you mean, we already did everythi-" She interrupted in a loud voice.

"No! I mean like what if the police come over and ask us questions. What if they search the house? What if we get arrested? My god, I can't deal with all this stupid stuff." I was amazed when we were already at my house. Maia went in and sat on my couch. She was really upset about something we couldn't control. Though I wasn't the person to find him.

I sat in the chair giving her space. She grabbed the remote and put it on the news. "Maia, don't put it on the news." She threw the remote on the floor to say in other words I don't care.

The female announcer started talking immediately. A picture of Brandon was in the right too corner of the screen. "We have an Amber alert to notify you about. Brandon Walters has been pursued missing about thirty minutes ago. He has brown hair and green eyes. He has a blue jacket and is 5'6. The last person to see him was his father Andy Walters.He said and I quote "My son left the house and said he'd be right back. I waited a while before flipping out but when it got dark I knew something wasn't right." If you see this boy, please call police."

I looked over at Maia she didn't even move. It was another message, just to be shared with everyone. The woman moved to another topic.

"There have been three deaths again in Dean county. A family in a farmhouse have been found dead. The police have been on these cases and hope the missing boy isn't a part of it. We will notify you of any other given information when it comes to us."

Maia turned off the TV and looked at me. Her eyes weren't watery but pretty red. "Looks like he's missing, I doubt they will find him anyway. I'm amazed that they even found those people."

"Yeah, I bet Jens sneaking over at her boyfriends house. So, then when her car breaks down she has to walk home and gets killed." I was joking and Maia wasn't picking it up.

"I'm tired, can I go to bed?" I nodded me head. This day was one of the craziest I've ever had. I saw a boy I knew gone and dead. I burned him to ashes he's in Maia's yard. I need to sleep but I'll be lucky enough to close my eyes. I just hope I don't see any shadows, or I might have a real heart attack.