I don't like games...

Chapter 22

        "Amber it's fine." She said trying to hide the worry in her voice. She knew it wasn't okay.She knew we burnt down the house. She knew she put the locket in the trash. She did...or did I? I turned around so fast I felt light headed.

        "Did you put the locket in the trash?" I looked at her grabbing her shoulders. "Now that I think, I don't remember it happening." She dowelled on the thought before her face turned pale. Did the whole place even burn down? "Maia we screwed up. We didn't do like that lady said, we were suppose to burn that with her."

        We haven't seen any sign of Emily for weeks, now she just decided to pop up out of no where. I remember when I fell down the stairs. It fell out then, it fell out of my pocket. "I fell out of my pocket." I said quietly.

        There was such a eerie silence it was killing me to stand there. "Your saying we didn't kill her." Maia finally said making me jump even though she was right in front of me.

        I whispered, "Nope." giving myself chills. Maia looked right at me, I let her go. "What do we do now?" I asked. "What do we do?" She glanced at the note. The thought of even touching it was revoking. I quickly jerked it up and unfolded it. I started to read it and dropped it twice. When I was finished I crumbled it into a ball and threw it down walking into the bathroom closing and locking the door.I was blocking out the pounding I got from Maia. I had no interest of anything she had to say. She couldn't say everything was fine or you'll be fine. I wasn't naive, I wasn't fine and it wasn't going to be okay. I sat in the floor holding myself close, shaking frantically and simply hoping maybe I could die that way. Dying would be fun, I didn't deserve to be here. I looked at the wall thinking of exactly what the note said, like it was some twisted joke.

Two girls, one blonde one brunette...Had a secret they would defiantly regret,

They wish they got rid of a little ghost...Little did they know they didn't do anything at the most,

Sweet little Amber.. too scared to see, it's not all about she,

Because I have a game... that has nothing to do with blame,

I hope you don't mind...that I have plenty of time,

Reserved just for you... don't worry you'll make it through,

Right after I destroy you completely... because we all know I don't do things sweetly,

I'm here to finish what I started... hope you don't mind,

There's always better games to play, though none would be fun without a little guessing first... guess you should figure out where you went wrong but don't forget... I haven't come back for nothing, I plan to make things better sweet. -your little friend, Emily.

        Maia keep hitting the door until finally she picked the lock. "Amber..." I stood up taking a deep breath. I wasn't going to let this take over me. I walked past her.

        "I'm going to get some water, alright." I closed the door and walked into the kitchen. Grabbing a bottle, I noticed the light in the refrigerator was flickering. I pressed the button a couple of times but it still did the same thing. I closed the door and saw all the lights in the house start to do the same thing. I turned around ready to just go back upstairs when I stopped.

        Jen hovered in the air, her eyes like blue diamonds. Her hair perfectly parted. I dropped the water bottle at the same time she fell crashing to the floor. "Amber?" I heard Maia yell as I started to scream. Running I tried to open the back door. I started trying to jerk it open only it would budge.

        "Maia!" I screamed trying to get it open. I kept looking behind me at Jen who was flat faced on the floor. I felt the knob ready to break.

        "This door isn't going to open Amber." I looked up through the glass door. Seeing Brandon covered in blood. His eyes looking right at mine, I backed up still watching him. I was so terrified I fell down to the floor. I scrambled to stand back up. I took a step and thought I had ran into a wall. Turning around I looked up and saw it was Jen. I couldn't scream anymore, I just ran past her and up the stairs and started pounding on the door.

        The door didn't even have a lock and yet I still couldn't get it open. "Open the door!" I said pounding on it. I started to curse myself for coming down here. I should have considered the possibility of something like this happening.

        "I'm trying!" She yelled. She finally got it open, she took a step forward and the door slammed closed. Maia started to run down the stairs, I reluctantly followed her. She went to open the front door and screamed. I don't think it really matters who she saw. "What do we do?" she asked. We stayed clinging unto each other looking around in the dim light we had.

        We came to an abrupt stop as the lights went out. All I could hear was Maia's heavy breathing. A light glowed behind us and as we turned around Emily was smiling holding a candle. She had Jen and Brandon behind her. "Now your dead." She said blowing out it out making everything pitch black.