Your plan

Chapter 12

Amber's point of view

I woke up to the front door opening and the brightest light I ever saw dawning on my face. It was the living room light, it felt like I was staring at the sun. Everything was blurry, I didn't even know who was here.

I looked and I made out a tall figure. "Jen?" I coughed. The figure looked closely at my face and came into focus. There was a brown haired, green eyes boy. I widened my eyes, maybe I needed my glasses. Everything stopped spinning. "Brandon?" I looked trying to solve the face. I sat up and he was standing there in plain sight. "Oh my god... your dead. Why the hell are you here?" He stood right in front of my feet.

"Amber, it's sad to see you like this. Your so much better." I was so confused.

"What do you mean?" He laughed taking my hand. It had scars from hard work. I looked into his eyes they were so green.

"You don't know what your doing. Your already screwing up all of this." I looked seeing his smile turn into a flat line. He laughed it turned into a growl. His eyes turned into darkness. His grip on my hand turned into pain with claws grasping my wrist. I looked seeing Emily's piercing image. Blood dripped from her mouth splashing the carpet.

I watched it drop, the grip on my hand was gone. I saw myself hand cuffed to a pole. I looked all around me, I saw I was in the basement. I saw Jen through the shadows holding an axe. A close voice whispering "Goodbye" in my ear.

I woke up from that nightmare. Seeing that I was still on the couch. I looked around, my head was pounding. I felt like I was ready to throw up. I ran to the bathroom and still couldn't figure out what was wrong. The nightmare was horrid but the alcohol was taking it's turn. Whatever I ate yesterday was now flushing down the toilet. I stood up and went to my room. I almost had a heart attack seeing Maia was in my bed. I was surprised I remembered how to unlock my door. She must have come tonight. I don't even remember.

The only thing I did was my dream. I was sweaty and shaking. I got a blanket out of one of my drawers and went back to the couch. Making sure nothing was going to pop out in the hallway. I wasn't going to sleep at four in the morning after all of this. I was really tired though. Jen was home, she came in probably about twenty minutes ago when I saw a light in my dream.

I could go into my room and sleep in the floor. I'd end up telling Maia to get out of my bed and feeling bad. I mind as well stay in the living room. This was getting to be a long painful routine for my night. I hadn't properly slept in days. Emily was right, she only hoped I slept at night.

I was on the verge of going insane. I still have a hangover. I think I should just go back to bed. I lay on the couch and drift somewhere in the middle of awake and asleep. Soon seeing the darkness of my mind.

I woke up to Maia frantically shoving me off the couch. I feel to the floor with a thud. "Excuse me? What do you think you are doing?" Her eyes were wide and the sun shined through the curtain. I had no idea what time it was.

"Amber? Are you sober now, or did your fall on the floor help you out a little." Maia's eyes were red and tired. I couldn't see a damn thing. It was so blurry it made my head hurt. My mouth was dry and my hair was in knots. I wanted to just lay back down.

"I'm fine, what is your problem and why exactly are you in my house?" She had a nervous laugh.

"Thank god your back. I thought I would have to throw you into a lake or something. I got a lot to tell you." Those words were quiet interesting even if I could pretend I was listening I'd be to interested.

"So, spit it on out I need to fix myself up. I look awful." She looked in the hallway.

"Is Jen here?" I didn't know. She had been up longer than me. I stood up and held the couch for my support. I went towards my parents room. I opened the door. Seeing everything was tidy. No Jen was in there, must have left.

I sat on the couch. "She's gone, is it about her, cause I really don't want to hear about it." Maia looked ready to hit me. I was in a bad mood, she messed up by pushing me on the floor.

"Pretty sure you do, considering I almost got my throat slit open. I think you should be happy to see me. I could have been in that hole in your yard." I sighed this was one of our silent arguments. We said something wrong and the other one said something wrong too. Just to make it even. She was implying that Jen was at her house. "i went to bed and I heard the door open. Then like a dummy dropped my weapon which was my lamp. She then grabbed me and held a butcher knife to my throat. Thank god I got away. It took a elbow in her gut and my face into a wall before I got to the door. Just to get slung on the floor and her to get kicked, I think in the leg. Now I hope she stays away from me."

"Me too, it's not like you want to expose a killer. It's obvious that they'll kill you. That's why movies are dis-interesting, you know what's going to happen. Only were the investigators who have to figure everything else out. We have that step that no one else has. Aren't we lucky." I sighed apparently Jen was targeting us. Not only these random people.

"What are we going to do now. There's so much stuff happening. I can't concentrate on one thing." Maia was tired and I was the one who was wide awake. Yet I still wished for any other option than sitting here. She was worrying making me do the same thing.

"How about we just go to the pool or something? I mean what's going to happen there. No killers and too many people for ghosts." I was thinking it was a better option.

"What couldn't happen there? We could drown, "accidentally" fall. Some random shark could be there. I have a better idea." I sighed she wanted to do all this the other day. These things must bring down her "I want to be normal" thing sense she found out that ghosts can hurt you.

"What's a better idea." I hoped she didn't say let's go jump off a bridge and see if we drown, then we can go to the pool.

"We can see what Jen does when she leaves. Then at night figure out what Emily wants." I think the look on my face was bad. Maia looked at me like she was about to plead for me to do it.

"You want to tell me that we get to be stalkers and paranormal investigators." Her face light up a little. It was one of her crazy plans that always didn't work out. This one was one that could, which was scary.

"That's exactly what I'm saying." Before we could talk about anything else Jen came through the door. Maia curled up and shut up fast. She looked at the ground as in my cue to get her to leave.

"Oh my god. What in the hell did you do to the wall?" Jen looked in the wall behind us skeptically. I turned around and saw a thick line indented on it.

"I don't know. Why would I want to ruin my walls?" Jen looked over at Maia and quickly looked away. She then walked into the kitchen, just to come out and complain some more.

"Why do you have to eat everything in this house. You know I need to eat something too. Eat like this you'll get fatter." Maia's quietness quickly went away after that. I could swear that Jen said that on purpose.

"She's not fat, no ones fatter than you." I was trying not to laugh. Though I couldn't stand it. Maia joined me in as Jen left the kitchen and slammed the door to my parents room. "I think we can start our investigations."

This was going to be fun for her. Until something horrible happened and she'll fall apart like a crumbling cookie. While I don't feel a thing and move on with life.

Only this wasn't like any other stupid thing we do. We are both just scared for life and don't want each other to know.