Unlikely Vistors

Chapter 4

Amber's point of view

        I looked at my white wall for so long I saw colors. My room needed to be organized. I wasn't up for it, I should be telling Maia I'm sorry. Jen was downstairs doing who knows what. I think she said she wanted to bake a cake or something. She might have went to the store. I was still mad at her.

        I was so bored. My TV in my room had a messed up cable. My dad said he was going to fix it, but he didn't get to before he left. The only other TV was in the living room. I rather sit in here and do nothing then go and there and have to deal with her.

        I then smelt smoke, which was a bad sign. I went into the kitchen seeing Jen swinging her arms around. "I see your cake... didn't make it." I had to keep myself from laughing.

        "Really? I thought I could eat burnt cake...” I let out a small laugh. My mom was a pretty bad cook but she never burnt a cake before.  "What are you laughing about? This isn't funny."

        "Well, I'm sorry. It seems impossible to burn a cake. Though you kind of proved it." She dropped the pan with the cake in the sink. She walked past me and grabbed her wallet. The cake was burnt to black.

        "I'll be back. I got to go get some more baking stuff. So, don't bother making fun of me making it either." She left me again for the second time in the lap of thirty six hours. I now finally had my TV. I sat down and started to watch my NCIS. She tried to burn down my house then she left me. I should tell these things to my mom when she pays her.

        When my phone ringed. I sighed heavily, who would call me. "Hello?" I answered in a tired voice. "Hey, is this Amber?" The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't think of the name. "Yes... Why?" I got a quick answer.

        "Oh thank god. It's Brandon. I went over to Maia's house. Then I found her passed out in her living room floor. Something seems off about her. Can you come over and help?"

        I didn't know what to say. I knew Maia wouldn't do this on purpose. Why was Brandon at her house randomly? That seemed off too me. I guess she needed me, I should help her out. "I'll be over in fifteen minutes." I hung up before he said anything else. I was interested in finding out things and this was defiantly worth investigating. I went to my room and put on my gray and pink shoes.

        I walked faster than I would if someone was behind me. I was getting there as fast as I could. I saw Maia's house in view and walked up her steps and listened before I went in. There was a loud argument happened. I hesitantly opened the door and Maia and Brandon stared at me like a stranger.

        "Get out! I didn't invite you here!" Maia said stomping towards me. I was guessing she still wasn't too happy with me. I could also be Brandon's company.

        "No, but Brandon did and said you needed help." I tried to sound nice and decent. To try to calm her down.

        "See what you did? You’re causing problems! Why did you have to call her, I don't need anything." She was directing it towards him.

        "I thought you needed help. I mean isn’t that what dat-" Brandon didn't continue instead Maia screamed. Her voice loud and screechy my ears were ringing.

        "Maia, what is wrong with you?" I looked at her. She looked crazy, like someone had lost their minds. She needed someone to help her.

        "Nothing! Nothing is wrong. If you would have kept your mouth shut Brandon, we wouldn't be in this mess. And you didn't need to come, you can leave now." She said pointing to the door.

        "I'm not leaving." Brandon said standing his grounds. I joined in "Me either... I got to use the bathroom, but that's off topic. I'm not leaving either." I went to the bathroom and decided I should have went before I left. I expected them to start screaming again.

---------------------------------------------

(Conversation in the living room)

        "I can't believe you! You almost told her I we’re dating, what is wrong with you? You shouldn't have been here in the first place." Maia said.

        "I came, and I'm glad I did or you would still be lying on the floor. I don't understand what the big deal is." Brandon said concerned.

        "Forget it! I'm tired of all you people!" Maia went towards the door. "Tell Amber I'm going whore hunting, she'll know what I mean!" She then slammed the door behind her.

----------------------------------------------

(Back to Amber's point of view)

        Maia didn't know how loud she was. I heard everything she said. She was mad at Brandon because he almost told me they were dating. She went whore hunting, she went looking for Jen. I went out of the bathroom and acted like I didn't hear anything. "Where's Maia?" I asked trying to seem questionable.

        "She said she's going whore hunting and you knew what she meant.... what does that mean?" Brandon expected me to explain this sad concept to him.

        "She hunting down my babysitter. She doesn't like her at all." It was the truth, which was all I could offer.

        He gave me a weird look. "Well, that's nice." He sat on the couch, more than likely waiting on Maia to get back. That was a mistake, she could take forever to return.

        "You should go back home. She probably won't be back."

        "I guess, I just want to make sure she was going to be okay." That made me sick, Maia lied to me. Why was I here in the first place? Brandon called, my friend needed help, and this is what I got. A place full of lies.

        "You can stay, I'm going home." I turned around not really caring for what he said. He was always irritating just like Maia.

        “You shouldn't be going on the street alone. I heard on the news two girls got murdered." I froze at the door. I had a feeling of regret and confusion. Then he said he was concerned for me. These were signs of concern I really didn't like company. Especially from someone who thinks I'm not capable of walking four houses down the street.

        "Thanks but, I'll do fine, my house is just down the block." He got up off the couch and walked towards me.

        "Let me walk you home." I was about to say no when he opened the door and walked out anyway. Waiting for me to move instead of standing here like an idiot. It was going to be a long, painful day.