Bombs Away

Chapter 7

Maia's point of view

I was still shaking, but I was so feed up with life. Amber can go deal with her stupid problems. She started all of this anyway. Luke asked where I was going in the rain, I told him to fix things. Now all I have fixed is confusion.

I didn't believe anything, that ghost has nothing to do with me. I think it just wants to mess with us and laugh because were struggling. When really we should be laughing because at least were alive.

I have no interest to do anything except walk home. It was still gloomy and getting darker every second. I got home and none of the lights were on. I opened the door with an eerie creak. "Luke...?" I screamed hearing my echo through the house. I reached for the light beside the door. Not finding it freaking out. When I did get it I saw nothing. I sighed full of relive.

I saw the note siting on the table. Went to get mom, her car broke down. Well be back soon as we can. You should eat something. Luke.

I wasn't hungry. I sat down and turned on the TV. I still couldn't stop thinking. I couldn't figure out what was true and what wasn't. I was to confused, everything was so screwed up. I didn't have time for this. I should be going to the pool and relaxing. Spending time with my friends and being a teenager. Sitting at home like this just because I'm paranoid. Isn't right at all.

I got my iPod and put on some music and put my headphones in. I needed a distraction from life. I watched the TV an episode of criminal minds was on. I had no idea what exactly was happening. I didn't care too much about it. I was about to change my song when the TV went black. I got the remote making sure I didn't sit on it. I pressed the power button, nothing happened. The batteries worked because the red light blinked when I pressed a button. The lights flickered in the living room. I pulled my headphones out and threw my iPod on the couch.

I was uncomfortable, I sat up and looked around. My heart was racing, I had heavy breaths. I looked around seeing nothing unusual. I stood up and walked around the table in front of the couch. I covered my mouth holding a scream. I started shaking, my stomach doing flips. There was a a blood trail in the hallway. Leading into my bedroom. The lights continued to flicker and dim.

At first I thought Amber could do it to get back at me for leaving her. I thought she's not that sick minded to do this. That left a couple of options. The crazy ghost or Jen. I hugged the wall and followed the trail. My legs were wobbling each step I took. One of the light bulbs busted. I let out a little scream. Realizing it was just a noise I calmed down some. Still running on the adrenaline of fear.

I reached the my door frame. Edging slowly around to turn on my light switch. I let out a heavy sigh. I closed my eyes and turned on the light.

When I opened them I quickly shut them. I did it a couple times. I started frantically crying. Sobbing and shaking at the same time. I was shaking so bad I couldn't mange to stand up. I feel to the floor screaming my head off. I then quickly stood up and wiped my hand on the wall. Then the wall had a red streaked hand print. I couldn't breath, I was still screaming too much. What to do i do? What do I do?

I noticed the white papered note sitting on my bed. Sick. Freaky. Ghost. I ran to the door trying to stop breathing so bad. I tried to open the door, seeing it wasn't opening. I banged on it letting out another shaky scream. I heard a mischievous laugh echoing through the house. "Shut up!" I was forced on the floor the door flung open. I ran out and shut the door reluctantly.

I was running so fast nearly tripping on my feet. I got to Amber's house so fast I didn't bother banging on the door. I ran through the door and saw her on the floor cleaning the kitchen. She wiped around so fast. I was scaring her to death. "Maia.... what's wrong?" She got off the floor and walked over to me. I was still shaking and I started crying.

"Maia, What is it. Tell me." She wanted to know I couldn't say the words. "I...i.. can.. can we clean your kitchen first?" I asked, I didn't want to go back yet I wasn't ready.

She noticed it and sympathetically nodded her head. She cleaned up the glass and covered up the widow with curtains. She had some blood still left on the floor. I crouched down and got one of her rags in a bucket. The water glistened red. I sopped up some of it slowly. I still sounded like I had the hiccups. So I wasn't really doing a good job. I started crying again.

"Maia, just go sit down and I'll clean the rest up, okay." I got up and went to sit down. I couldn't get these images out of my head. They were there to stay and haunt me. That ghost has to go she was ruining my life. Amber was finished and got the rags and things up and in the trash. She then took the bag outside and left it there. She came inside and sat down beside me. "Now would you like to tell me?" I slowly shook my head. "I have to show you." She stood up and I followed her to the door.

We didn't talk any the way back to my house. The lights were still on, thank god. I shakily opened the door. Amber had to nudge me to go in. I stepped in and Amber slowly shut the door. Immediately the lights started to do what they did earlier. The kitchen lights came on and another bulb broke. I screamed and Amber cautiously looked in the kitchen.

I walked slowly to the hall and Amber looked horrified. She slowly followed the line into my room. She was shaking worse than me. She looked at me and I shook my head. She turned on the light switch. She screamed and her eyes were watery. She looked at me again and I stared at the mess in my room. She stared crying hysterically. She had asthma, I should have thought this through. She breathed a little slower, must not be that bad. "Wh....why?" She sputtered out. I couldn't talk. She eyed the note sitting on the bed. She wasn't ready to get it either.

There was blood covering everything in sight. It was horrifying. It all belonged to the liberated body of Brandon Walters.