Chapter 9

You suddenly woke up. The aftermath of the dream created goosebumps creeping up on your bare skin. Lungs pumping in air, keeping you alive. All that adrenaline in one sitting took all your breathe. The bedroom you owe is dead quiet. Light peeking between the curtains.

You scanned the area. Dreaming an adrenaline rush would automatically message the brain to stop. Assuring, looking twice in the same place will give you peace. The tension behind you swiftly noted a reflex to look at your back. Nothing in sight.

But it still creeps in. This doesn't seem right. Any direction you look; resulting nothing. Yet you haven't checked above you. Slowly lifting up your chin, a bright figure was floating above you. Describing it, more like a figure of Dimple but ghostly looking.

Wait, a ghost?!

You wiggled your way out of your bed, falling. The blanket is wrapped around you. Fear filled in, enabling your lungs to gain weight. The floating figure went near, no second chances.

You feel yourself panting. Air is needed. Heart pounding louder than usual. You can't even process yourself losing the fact of your lack of sleep.

As it approached in front of your face, it paused. Looking innocent tilting its head curiously. Trusting one unfamiliar figure can be a big mistake. The baring heat crawled on your skin everywhere. Sweat coming out of your pores.

Panting, you shouted for your parents. So paralyzed, even you can't move. The blanket prevented yourself to stand up. To your surprise, the figure shushed you by gestures. Its worry face showed innocence. Not sure if you can help this thing.

Instead, you felt creating multiple of possibilities by helping this poor creature. Look at it, harmless by sight. What if it needs help? Does it need help? Wait,

Is it the reason of my dream?

You recalled the dream you recently woke up from. At the end, you spoke a name.

Izumi Moriko

A name that sounds like a girl's name. You recalled the dream again yet you can't anymore. Confusion gave in. Lungs still pumping, heavy in weight. You're still lying on thw floor, tangled with your blanket. The floating figure not moving an inch. No choice, you spoke, "Are you Izumi . . . Moriko?"

Sweat ran down from your forehead. The tension is real. As you breathed a few times, it nodded a yes. It understands, you amusingly thought. "Can you talk?" You eagerly asked. It nodded once more yet a no. How will you communicate with this thing?

"Um . . . is there any chance you can tell me what's going on? And why are you here?!" Your voice is at your medium. It can wake up your parents. Izumi shushed you again, waving it's tiny hands. Alas, it thought of an idea. It gestured you to stay still.

What's it going to do?

From the looks of it, the figure does act too innocent. And so, a nod was given to it. In a split second, it went inside you, spiritually. How cold your body became after one second of Izumi processing her control over your body.

"Can you hear me?" She finally spoke. A tone of echo with it.

"How did you-"

"I possessed you. Our way of communicating, I mean. (y/n) (l/n), correct? " Izumi echoes in your mind.

"How did . . . okay so let's get this straight. The dream you managed to submit in my mind was the purpose of your stay here, isn't it?"

"Precisely. The scene you witnessed during my escape happens to be my powers."