Chapter 7

"I never mentioned that I am an esper, sorry."

His hand lowered down, eyes looking at you higlighted with multi-color of particles. It's sparkling with the hue disappearing at a mist. You mind can't think at the moment. The message that your brain receive is all about: Shigeo has powers? To kill spirits? You muttured a confusing sound, considering him to giggle.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

"When I tell you, you'll be bothered of how I was born since you're a home school." He mentioned it and your mind is filled with questions. You sat properly, him removing his hand from your hip, his face with a light blush.

"I-I didn't mean to hold you—"

"N-No it's fine. I want to ask you questio-"

"Shige!"

A distant voice called your partner's name. You can tell it's Ritsu with Shigeo's nickname. The moment your heads turn, Teruki and Ritsu jogged towards your area.

"I sensed spirits along this way we gotta hurry!"

"Spoke too soon, a spirit rambled at my back."

As of said, a herd of spirits had the opportunity to take combat, suddenly appearing behind Ritsu and Hanazawa. Quickly, they both exorcised them by one hand, resulting into a strong wave of their power. Only by one sweep of their hands made the the spirits disappear in pain.

I'm not surprised.

Of course, Teruki and Ritsu are also espers. Your face is still in shock, dumb-founded of their abilities. The three looked at your face, still dumb-founded.

"You didn't tell her?"

"It sounds like boasting when I straight-up say it."

"It doesn't when you say it casually."

"Oh."

Ritsu thought that his brother explained to you his abilities. Figuring out he didn't. You don't mind of knowing it; questioning it is your format to it. Shaking of the ground brought everyone's mind sharp. More spirits ran to your group's direction.

"It's not over yet, " Teruki mumbled.

"Shige, a little help?" Ritsu asked as he receieved a nod from him. He grabbed your hand, walking beside Ritsu. The bond between your hands got a quick electric touch. Shigeo ignored the fact of holding your hand, tensing a blush, as for you enjoyed it. His soft hands radiates your lungs into a heavy feeling.

The three espers began to exorcise all the spirits in one blast, producing a wave that also killed the nearby spirits. Remaining of the spirits forming into midgets floating away.

"We better head back to the village. Reigen and Serizawa might be in the same situation as us." Teruki expected correctly. So, you and the boys ran back to the rural area. Shigeo is still holding your hand knowing you might trip and fall, bruising yourself afterwards.

You ran in the pace of his, aware of your steps. Lungs pumping like never before. You enjoyed this but it's tiring. The stamina you bear at this point is too low - really disappointing for you to stop and take loads of air to refill your dried-up lungs. Instead, you strengthen your grip on Shigeo's hand.

He glanced back at you with a pink shade blending on his cheeks, examining your woe on your face needing for a break. Suddenly, you felt that heavy feeling again but spreading goosebumps on your sweaty skin. The source came from your back, really chilly and frozen as it entered unexpectedly in.

Your vision flashed various of images: a white room, cages, laboratory and humans with white coats. Those pictures strained your eyes causing yourself to trip on the ground along with Shigeo.