Chapter 8

8:00 PM

Lots of questions got answers by Shigeo. Not to be really personal, sometimes you ask him those that are personal, minus the awareness it was. He gets uncomfortable to the ones including his past. And so, you stopped asking questions. He seems so insecure to himself now.

"I'm sorry for questioning you stuff that sounds complicated to you. I'm not aware-"

"Don't mention it. Curiosity in its finest," a chuckle was released from his mouth, expressing his way of appreciating your company, forming a smile on your face. A Science partner who knows a little in the particular subject with a personality to tag along because of your relation with it. Speaking of, how are you going to put the project together?

"(y/n)!"

You heard a feminine voice. It comes from behind. "Uh, (y/n)-San, is that your mother?" Thankfully, Shigeo pointed out to a woman who is your mother. You passed from your house by two. "Yes, yeah it's her," you felt a hard lump in your throat. Readying yourself of the thought of a prepared seminar for Shigeo is a pain.

"Passed by from your own residence. You seem to not remember it."

"Thought, mom."

"You must be Shigeo Kageyama, right?"

"Uh . . . yes, (l/n)-Sensei."

"Please, come in! We'll have dinner and maybe get to know more," your mother, in any way possible, wants to know more about your awkward partner, who will be in the future, your assuming guardian that the only blood people of yours will trust.

"O-Oh . . . are you sure?"

"We'd be honored to know a little of you." Your mother went in, signalling you both to check in. She's trying her best on adjusting her social skills regarding to yours too. This created such discomfort, embarrassment filled in you. "Guess we should head in," choosing the path of an unpredictable possibility, you two headed in.

Entering your house, Shigeobremoved his shoes by the door. You did the same since you're taught. The man of the sanctuary greeted both of you, "Welcome to the (l/n) residence. Make yourself at home," he emphasizes the last sentence to you, radiating more ebarrassments. Playfully punching your father's shoulders, Shigeo chuckled, catching up with the joke your father made.

"This boy has taste!" He laughed, smiling at him with pride. Your father leaned over your ear, "Is he available?" You treated your father with a blank face, apparently speaking out in action by a 'yes' but acting out a 'not the time.' Shigeo clearly heard your pops' whisper, visibly heating up.

"Ahem!" You scoffed.

"Ah, right. I'll introduce myself," your father cleared his throat, "I'm Suzume (l/n)."

"Shigeo Kageyama, people call me Mob if that's acceptable for your perspective to call me 'Mob.'" The two men exchanged bows while you stood there like no other girl. After their bow, your mother called the three of you for dinner. The two of you placed down the winter accessories on the couch, including your school bags.

Dinner is just usual gormet but a little fancy since a visitor came by. Actually, only family members are your usual visitors. This is the first visitor in forever. "By the way, for your sake Shigeo, I'm Satomi (l/n). I was bothered that I haven't introduced myself during our call."

"N-No, that's alright. I wasn't expecting an opportunity to guide (y/n)-San here."

Oh no.

This is bad. You two didn't agreed about public-first-name-calling. Immediate reactions were submitted, exposing your parents facial expressions. Your father choked on his water; your mother witnessing her food falling from her utensil. And so, Shigeo realized his fault.