Chapter One: Take that

Start from the beginning

"You used that excuse last week when you were 5 hours late. And, you don't use an alarm clock." He continued stretching then grabbed the shirt at the ground.

"Cut her some slack, Hyun-nie," a familiar voice came up behind you. Your eyes widen in joy then turned around to hug the guest.

"Bamy! You're still alive," You exclaimed. He chuckled then lifted you. Bam Bam is your older brother but Hyun is the eldest. You and Hyun were adopted by Bam Bam's family. The chief of your camp is Bam Bam's father. His mother died 5 years ago because of leukemia. You were adopted when you were just a baby and Hyun was adopted not long after at the age of fifteen. Bam Bam and his father are shifters. They are like werewolves but smaller and they can shift to either panthers or leopards. They are shamed by werewolves because they are just "copied" the wolves in ways.

You let go of Bam Bam and looked at Hyun who just stood there.

"You haven't told her yet, haven't you?" Bam Bam asked while laughing.

"Shut up." He walked towards the two of you. You looked at both of them in confusion.

"What is it?" You asked. Both men looked at you and shake their heads. Bam Bam smiled innocently and Hyun just looked at you. You sighed in defeat as you would know that they won't break.

"Let's just go to the arena"

-

The arena is five hectares wide, sides are built for the audience to spectate but after ten rows of bleachers is where blood is spilled.

It is mostly called "The Zone" as it's where the fights happened. It is surrounded by seven feet of walls. The north side of it is a black gate and it's the only entrance and exit of the Zone. The gate, when turned on, can fend off any creature that tries to hold it. If a werewolf or a shifter did, it would create a layer of silver and wolfsbane. If a vampire did, it would be hot enough for it to melt their skins off. If a witch did the same, well, a bucket of water does the trick.

You entered the Zone and went straight to a table that holds kinds of weapons. From gigantic battle axes to the tiniest dart.

"So what would you pick today, y/n?" Hyun, your eldest brother, asked as he grabbed the pistol by the side. He is the same as you. Human and a fighter. He attached a suspender at its nozzle and practiced aim.

You let your eyes skim through countless weapons to pick. Then your eyes landed to your favorite: daggers.

It's deadly thin and dangerously small. The handle is 1 inch short, and the blade is 4 inches long. It is light as a feather but when thrown, it will hit you like a boulder. The handle is made from obsidian and the blade is from the claws of a dragon that almost killed you. You smiled as you get a bunch, four or less than got a belt-like bracelet and slipped two daggers in each wrist. With a flick of a wrist, a dagger swiftly slides down your hand to your fingers. You hummed in satisfaction as you slid your finger softly on the edge of the blade. It was sharp enough to make blood to bloom.
You weren't listening to what Hyun is saying so he flicked your forehead.

"Ow," you whined softly. You rubbed the part that's starting to turn to red as he flicked it hard.

"I said, I'll start the stimulation. Three or Four?" He walked towards the side and grabbed a tablet. The numbers mean how hard a simulation is. It ranges from one to six. One is for beginners, Two is for immediate, Three is for advance, Four is fairly hard. Five is deadly enough to make you bleed. And Six is, well, you get the point.