Chapter 28

Alyson gawked as she saw all the dead skinwalkers and how their bodies slowly started turning into ashes blowing away into the wind.

"They really did just drop dead, huh?" Alyson said aloud.

"Yeah, it was actually kind of scary," Nate admitted, gaining many yeses.

"I'd imagine," she says.

"Now start explaining," Daniel ordered. Alyson looked at him meekly.

"Well-" Alyson started but smiled.

"How about I show you instead?" Alyson said giving a smirk to Hayden. It seemed much easier to do than to try and explain it. Hayden laughed and gave a nod.

"Everyone keep your bridges open wide and don' t get too startled," Alyson says allowing herself to slip back into her cavern and she ran through to allowing her subconscious to lead her to appropriate memory. She found it and watched it to make sure she had the whole thing, then like she did with Hayden she blew the ashes his time it split 10 different ways, one going back to its original place. The rest float along she follows the one heading for Hayden watching it place itself next to the previous memory.

She watched through his memories as she talked to the human Skinwalker she heard her own voice and the man's play through, luckily her words were translated to how she heard them and made sense.

She watched herself as she ran after the man only to be cut off by the crumbling of the building. Then the memory ended. She sank back into herself and looked at the amazed faces of her pack mates.

"That's what you were talking about Hayden?" Collin asks Hayden.

"Exactly, it's like watching a 3D movie," Hayden said.

"Yeah except it real!" Mason said excitedly. Alyson wished she could feel equally as excited but she was exhausted she expelled too much energy. She huffed while wiping off a bead of sweat that had formed on her brow.

"I'll be back, I need to get Kai," Alyson standing up only to sway slightly. Hayden moved to catch her but she found her balance before she fell. They all gave her a collective worried look.

"Stop, you all have the same face of worry, it's freaky," Alyson said walking away to get Kai. She heard footsteps following her. She didn't need to look to know who they were.

"Alyson I think I should grab Kai," Hayden said.

"No, you won't be able to reach him," Alyson said grabbing a branch and pulling herself up. It was the hardest climb she ever had. But worth it as she saw Kai's brown eyes flutter open and relief washed over her.

She gently released him of his binds and lifted him into her arms taking him out of the tree. Once Alyson could reach Hayden she passed her pup to him. On the last step down Alyson's foot slipped and she fell on her back, seeing stars.

"Alyson?" Hayden asked panicked.

"Fine, just got the air knocked out of me." She sent over as she gasped for air. He released a relieved sigh.

"You lied earlier when you said he wasn't heavy. He weighs more than you do."

"Oh, please. He's not that heavy," Alyson said getting up and taking back her pup. She checks over him. He looks okay, she places him on the ground.

"Call him, I want to see if he can walk," Alyson orders Hayden.

"Come here, Kai" Hayden called Kai's tail wagged as he limped over to Hayden.

"He's favouring this left front paw, his right must be hurt," Alyson said scooping him up again and gently feeling the leg, Kai struggles against her licking at her hand telling her she's hurting him.