Chapter 2

There's now four of these beasts and one of her. She was screwed...

Or so she thought until four wolves came out of nowhere and scared the crap out of her. She fell on her ass and scooted away from the group of animal's fighting. The much larger wolf grabbed one of the beasts by the leg and tore it's throat out with its teeth.

But there was a certain wolf that she found herself staring at and unable to look away. It was the colour of grey smoke with hazel eyes that were more on the green side but still had brown weaved through them.

She jumped up as she heard another beast come from behind her. She decided that the wolfs were definitely less scary then the beasts she saw before her, the beast lunged at her. 'Jesus, what's going on? Do I have a sign that says "come eat me!" written on my back or something?' Alyson thought as she went prone again. The smoke-grey wolf leapt over her and dug his claws into the beast's neck. Alyson quickly rolled away from the fight and stood up again.

"Man I hope this is some crazy dream," Alyson whispered to herself. She rolled out the way as another beast came at her. Her hand catching on a large branch that she'd missed earlier. She picked it up and thanked her stars for her time on the softball team as she swung the heavy branch at the massive beast. It stumbled bad enough for one of the wolves to rip out its throat. Alyson didn't have time to praise her actions as another beast came her way. She swung at it again.

The smoke-grey wolf stood next to her and waited for her to swing and attacked the beast. After a few more the beast eventually started to slow in number until they were gone completely. Alyson put the branch on her shoulder and looked at the smoke-grey wolf. "ya know we make a pretty good team," Alyson said and jumped as one of the other wolves started growling at her. This was the biggest one and it had the darkest fur and the meanest snarl.

"Whow there big guy. I don't mean any harm! I woke up to those things surrounding me. I swear I didn't mean to intrude on your hunting party. I'll leave now," Alyson said strangely knowing the wolves would understand her. Alyson drops the branch and slowly starts to back away from the group of wolves. The wolf starts to growl louder.

"Look, dude, I'm sorry but I don't want to be on the menu tonight if you want my family has got some blueberries. I know you'd much rather have meat but I'd also much rather live than getting eatin' by a group of wolves," Alyson offers but the growling insists.

"Okay, I see you don't want berries, um I think there are some wild chickens around here they really like our berries for some reason even though they really aren't supposed to," Alyson rambles desperately as she tries to get the wolf from eating her. She looks at the other three wolves and they seem relaxed bored even, the smoke coloured one is looking at her with soft almost human eyes.

The mean black wolf starts to walk away and Alyson stands there frozen. The others get up and start to follow him. They turn back to her expectantly.

"You want me to follow?" She asks and they shake. She takes that as a yes and cautiously follows the group of wolves. She strangely feels calm as she walks with the four wolves if they were going to kill her they'd done it by now, she figures. Though the dark black wolf is still giving her death glares as if he didn't want to bring her along but was outvoted. Alyson stays silent as she observes the other two wolfs one has a mixture of reds, browns, and black all throughout its coat and yellow eyes but more amber coloured than the midnight wolf. The last is an albino wolf with electric blue eyes.

The albino wolf catches her eye and she could swear it winked at her. She quickly looked away and instead focused on the trail it had become increasingly dense and steep. Though the wolfs walked as if it was like second nature to them. Alyson cussed under her breath as she slipped down the slick hill and hit a tree. The albino wolf and the multicoloured wolf made a noise that sounded oddly like laughter. She eyed them warily as she righted herself and walked back over to them.