Chapter 8

It's been two weeks since Alyson talked to the boys. She felt sad that they refused to talk to her. She'd texted them but none of them answered. Figures, she finally started to make some new friends but they don't seem to want to be around her.

She felt stupid. Just because she knew about them doesn't mean they'll want to around her. She knew it was too good to be true. She just wasn't meant for friends and even now she wasn't able to see the forest creatures since she'd be walking into skinwalker territory, alone. The thought was tempting but she had a young pup to care for.

Speaking of which he whined softly noticing her discomfort and waddled over to her. He nuzzled her softly. She allowed him on her lap her hands petting his fur unconsciously.

"You're such a good boy Kai," Alyson says laughing. He doesn't seem to growl and whine loudly. It's like he knows when to play around and when not to. He loves to play around in the blueberry bushes when Alyson has to check up on them.

Kai's been developing just as he should, faster than even she expected. He seems really smart too not that the other pups she'd met weren't smart but Kai was smart in a whole different way. It seemed the two of them were connected in every motion. Maybe this was something to do with her ability to speak to animals but she'd never had this connection to another animal before. She figures it's because he knows all they've got is each other.

"Want to go pick some berries?" Alyson asks looking outside the sky is dark. She can't seem to be able to sleep at night now ever since she'd met the Maikohs. So instead she tends to the blueberries at night. The pup gives a quiet howl.

"Let's go!" Alyson says. She scoops the pup up and climbs down the tree. Eventually, she'd have to figure out another way to get him up and down from the attic. She'd deal with it when it came, but for now, she'd just carry him up and down. He, however, was an ass about it. He'd wiggle and worm trying to get out of the bag.

"Give me a second boy! Jeez!" Alyson says letting Kai out of the bag as soon as she touches the ground.

"Remember to stay close!" Alyson called as Kai ran ahead of her. She took her time strolling down the bushes and checking on them. She heard Kai's excited barks as he ran around making sure to stay were Alyson could see him.

Alyson found a bush that had all its berries plucked away. Her eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. Her heart starts to pound. She hears Kai start to growl softly.

"Kai?" She calls looking around frantically. When she doesn't instantly see him, her blood starts to run cold. She could hear him growling softly. She ran to where the sound was coming from. She spots Kai having a staring contest with another wolf. It's unfamiliar.

"Kai!" Alyson says running and scooping up the pup.

"Who are you?" Alyson asks looking the wolf dead in the eyes. The wolf's hazy golden eyes turn to slits.

"I'm not afraid of you," Alyson says. She isn't in the least not after almost getting eatin' by Dustin. This Were was much smaller and definitely less scary. The wolf growls loudly. Kai squirms in her arms trying to hide. She places him in her bag.

"Honestly. You Weres are all the same, thick skulled and much too prideful," Alyson says. The Were growls louder.

"If you're not careful my family will spot you. Imagine having to explain that to your elders," Alyson says. The wolf growls even louder.

"I said stop it!" Alyson says her voice holding intense power and strength. It flows through her warming her body. The wolf feels it too and it's growl softens a bit.

"I believe you are trespassing. Your land is beyond the forest," Alyson says her voice frim. The Were growls again gaining more confidence. Man, this one was thicker skulled then Dustin.