The Parents

(Song: I Love You by Billie Eilish)
Thanks to @5SOTOP_2003 for this idea!
"I don't know," I say. "Something fun, though." The coffee from breakfast still hasn't kicked in, which leads me to let out a big yawn.

"Aw, baby, are you still tired?" Harry asks, sympathetically.

I nod my head and lay down, resting my head on Harry's lap.

"Well, I was going to wait until a later day to do this, but how would you feel about my mother and sister coming over? I want you to meet them, and if you're not feeling to energetic, then I think this would be a good day to relax with them," Harry explains.

For some reason, the thought of Harry's family never came across my mind. I'm surprised he hasn't brought them up earlier.

"Yeah, that would be cool. I'd really like to meet your family," I say with a smile.

"I'm glad to hear that. You're going to love them. Let me give them a ring right now," Harry says and he kisses the top of my head.

I feel Harry shuffling, and I assume he's getting his phone from his pocket. If I wasn't as tired and lazy as I am, I would help him out by moving, but I stay right where I am.

Harry dials a phone number and puts it up to his ear. I can hear the faint ringing from his phone before it stops and a voice answers.

"Hi, Har," I hear through the quiet, muffled speaker.

"Hi, Mom. How are you?" Harry asks, politely. He's so sweet, even to his mother.

The voice on the other end of the call, Harry's Mom, responds, but I can't make out exactly what she said.

"I'm good as well. I was wondering if you and Gemma would like to come meet Ellie tonight. I know you've both been dying to meet her," Harry says. He looks down at me and smiles at the last part.

Have they really been wanting to meet me? Probably not. Harry's just saying that to make conversation, obviously. Regardless, I smile back.

I hear a squeal through the phone, and then some other mumbled words afterward.

"Ok glad you're so excited! We can't wait to have you hear!" Harry says.

Well, I guess they said yes to meeting me. Maybe they were actually excited to see me.

No, I doubt it. They're just being nice to Harry. They probably know how much of a hassle I am and are dreading meeting me. I mean, can you blame them? I'd hate to meet me too.

"Awesome, we'll see you around 5:30," Harry says.

Harry's Mom replies and then Harry ends the conversation. "Bye, Mom. I love you too," he says and hangs up.

"Well," Harry says as he shuts his phone off and looks at me. "It looks like we're having guests over for dinner!"

I smile back at Harry. Of course I'm excited to meet his family, but I can't help but feel a little nervous. If they don't like me, Harry would obviously give me back. I mean, they are actual family, I'm just a lame excuse of a daughter.

"Yay!" I say with fake energy. How am I supposed to make them like me?

"Now, what do you think we should have for dinner with them?" Harry asks.

I think before replying. "Pasta," I say with a grin. "You make good pasta."

"Why, thank you," Harry says with a smile. "We can have pasta with chicken and some vegetables on the side. Sound good?"

I nod my head. This may sound weird, but I actually really like the taste of vegetables, especially when they're cooked.

•~~~~~

It's almost 5:30 and Harry's in the kitchen working on dinner. My anxiety has only gotten stronger this past half hour. I can't stop thinking about whether they'd like me or not.

"Can you set the table, love?"  Harry asks.

I nod my head and walk to the cabinet, grabbing four plates and spreading them put on the table. There's no way o can tell Harry about my anxiety over meeting his family. He'd hate me if he thought I didn't want to meet them.

I finish setting the rest of the table and then look at my phone for the time: 5:21.

Nine minutes.

"I'm going to use the bathroom," I say before running upstairs.

I toss my phone on my bed and walk into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

My breath quickens as I think more and more about tonight. What am I supposed to say? Should I change clothes?

I slide down the bathroom door and rest my head in my hands. It feels like forever until I finally hear the doorbell ring.

They're here.

"Ellie!" Harry calls from downstairs. "My mom and sister are here!"

I have to go down, right.

•~~~~~
HARRY'S POV
"Hi, mom," I greet my mom who was standing right in front of the door.

"Hi there, Harry. Thanks so much for having us over," my mom replies. "Now, where is this Ellie you speak of? I'm just dying to meet her," she adds.

"She should be down soon. I'll go check on her," I tell my mom.

"Okay, sounds good. Gemma and I will be in the kitchen," my mom says.

I nod my head and jog up the stairs. I really hope Ellie is okay. She doesn't normally take this long in the bathroom, so I'm assuming something is up.

Without knocking, I walk into Ellie's room and immediately notice her bathroom door closed.

No. This can't be happening.

"El, love?" I say frantically, banging on the locked door. She better not be hurting herself.

She lets out a sob, which leads me to believe she wants to communicate with me, but doesn't know what to say.

I rush out of the room and grab the key from my nightside table before running back in and jamming it in the lock.

Once I hear the click, I open the door to see my Ellie laying on the bathroom floor with a tear stained face.