Spanish Class and Kyle's House

(Song: Feel Again by One Republic)
I text Harry toward the end of Spanish class.
'Hey, can I go to Kyle's after school?'

He responds right away. He probably has his phone on him all the time because he's worried I'm going to want to come home.
'Sure. I'll pick you up at 5:00,' he texts.

'So can he drive me to his house?' I ask, kind of surprised that he is just letting me go.

'Yes. I want you to be safe, though. How is everything going?' He texts.

'Thanks. And things are good. Dan isn't here,' I reply.

'That's good to know. Kimmy behaving?' He says.

'Yeah. I'm sitting next to her in Spanish right now but she's just ignoring me,' I respond.

'Well, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just try to ignore her as well,' he texts. 'And why do you have your phone out in class?! I thought this was your time in between classes or lunch or something!' I can tell he's laughing even through the texts.

'Spanish is boring. We're not doing anything. I already finished the work,' I lie. I haven't even started, really.

'Okay...,' he says.

'Hey! What does that mean?' I text back.

'Oh... nothing,' he replies.

'Whatever. I gotta go. The bell is gonna ring soon,' I say and shut off my phone.

I pack up the papers that we received today in class and shove the folder in my backpack.

"So, Who were you texting, whore?" Kimmy asks.

"N-no one," I whisper. I can never bring myself to have the courage to speak at a normal volume to her.

"Well, I'm not an idiot. Who was it? Kyle?" She asks. "Dan?" She says with a smirk.

"No. It was... it was my dad," I say quietly.

"Aww, slut doesn't have any friends, so she has to text her dad. How pathetic," she hisses. Her followers laugh obnoxiously at the statement. I swear, they'd laugh at anything Kimmy says, even if it isn't funny.

The bell rings right after, so I don't reply to her. I have no clue what I would have even said. I guess I actually am saved by the bell.

"Hey, not so fast," Kimmy spits and grasps my wrist tightly. I pull my wrist back because she is starting to hurt me. "How's it going?" She asks. "Selling the stuff, that is." She says the last part quietly so no one can here.

"I haven't found anyone yet, b-but I've spoken to a few people who are thinking about it," I lie straight to her face. I feel myself growing more and more anxious. Hopefully she can't read lies.

"Good," She says as she slings her backpack over her shoulder. "And hurry up. I need money soon. Designer clothes don't come cheap. Not that you would know." She eyes my outfit up and down with a disgusted look on her face before walking out of the room at a quick pace.
•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
The end of the day comes around before I know it. I wait at my locker for Kyle and pack up my backpack. I'm still surprised Harry is letting me go to Kyle's house. Is it just pity because of how upset I was last night?

Kyle comes around a few minutes later. He is holding his car keys in one hand and waves with the other. "Hey, babe. You ready?" He asks as he approaches me.

"Yup," I say with a smile. We interlock our hands and walk to his Jeep. He comes to the passenger side of the car and opens the door for me. "Thanks," I say before hopping in and pulling the seatbelt over my shoulder.

"No problem," he says, shutting the door and getting in on the drivers side. He starts driving out of the school parking lot and to his house.

"We have rehearsal tomorrow, just so you know. I'll have to add you to the group chat with some other theater kids. They're always talking about when the rehearsals are and stuff like that," Kyle says.

"Okay, cool," I say. "I still can't believe you're Troy. That's amazing."

"Stop, you're too sweet," he says. I look over at him. He is still concentrating on the road, but he has a smile on his face as well. What a cutie.

We continue talking about anything that comes to mind, especially theater and the play, for the rest of the ride to his house. When we pull in the driveway we both get out and walk inside.

"Lets get something to eat; I'm starving," Kyle says. It always has annoyed me how men can eat basically anything they want and still look fit, but whatever. I guess it's just their body type or something.

Truthfully, I am also pretty hungry. I might be able to eat a small snack. I only ate about half of my lunch. "Me too. What do you have?" I ask, walking over to him to where he is looking in his cabinet for something to eat.

"Anything in here. I didn't know we had half of this stuff," he laughs. "See anything you like?"

"Hmm, you can surprise me. I'll eat anything," I say. Making decisions for other people was always something I hated to do. What if I did or said something that they didn't like? I would feel awful.

"Let's have some chips. Sound good?" He asks, holding out two small bags of Doritos. I nod my head and he tosses me one, which I surprisingly catch. "Nice catch," he says with a wink. "Come on, follow me." He beckons me to follow him and I do.

We walk upstairs and he brings me to his room. "I never showed you my room yet, I guess it's about time," he says.

I giggle and nod my head before falling down on his bed. "Your bed is soft. I don't think I want to get up," I mumble into one of his blankets.

"Well, then I guess we'll just have to hang out on my bed," he says and sits down next to me. "Come here, sit up," he chuckles and lifts my arms up so I'm sitting next to him. He wraps his arm around me and opens his bag of chips. I notice my bag has fallen on the floor. I pout and grab one of his chips.

"Wow, that's a new level of lazy," he says, pulling me closer to his side.

"Hey," I say and smile sheepishly. "I just don't want to leave your side."

"I'm glad," he says and plants a kiss on the top of my head.