Pineapple Pizza

(Song: Don't Hold Me by Dean Lewis)
"Hey, guys!" Harry says with a smile on his face. We're both breathing a little heavily because of our race to the door "Come on in." Everyone has shown up at the same time, and they all come piling inside.

"How are you two?" Ashton asks after the door closes.

"We're great, thank you," Harry tells him. "Right, El?" He places his hand gently on my shoulder.

"Yeah, we're great," I confirm.

"That's wonderful," Ashton replies with a big smile on his face.

"Help yourself to snacks, guys. I'm going to order a few pizzas and then after we eat, we could go to the pool or beach," Harry tells us.

Just as he finishes, the doorbell rings again. "Oh, I'll get that," Harry says before jogging over to the door.

I wonder who that could be. Did Harry invite someone else, or is it just someone random?

My curiosity ends once Harry comes back into the kitchen with three more guys. I have never met any of them though. "Ellie, I believe your the only person who doesn't know these guys. This is Liam, Calum, and Michael," Harry introduces me while pointing to each person. "Liam is in the same band as me, and Michael and Calum are in Luke and Ashton's band," he adds.

"It's nice to meet you," I say quietly. I wish Harry told me that more people were coming. It would have been a nice heads up.

The three men all say something along the lines of, "Nice to meet you." I hope I can get along with them too; they all seem nice.

Harry pulls out his phone and says, "I'm going to order the pizzas. Any kinds you guys like?"

"Ooh! Pineapple!" Claire exclaims.

Harry looks at her like she was insane. "So, you're one of those people," he says, shaking his head in a joking manner. "I'm very disappointed, Claire."

"Hey, that's my daughter you're talking to!" Louis butts in. "And I endorse her love of pineapple pizza. After all, it's one of the only acceptable ways to eat a pizza."

I've never had pineapple pizza, but now I kind of want to try it. It doesn't seem half bad. "I want to try pineapple pizza too," I say, supporting Louis and Claire's decision.

"Oh no! Not my own daughter," Harry jokes, making me giggle. He smiles back at me.

"I guess we're getting some pineapple pizza, what else, guys?" Harry asks.

"Pepperoni," Liam suggests. Luke, and Michael agree with him.

"Cheese!" Ryan says with enthusiasm. Ryan is such a cool guy. I love how he wasn't afraid to say what's on his mind, even if it is just what kind of pizza he wants.

"Finally, someone with taste!" Harry yells. "You've raises your kid right, Ash." Ash laughs at his remark and thanks him.

The rest of the people agree with Ryan's decision of getting cheese pizza, and Harry dials the number.

"Hi, yes, I would like to order two pineapple pizzas, two pepperoni pizzas, and four cheese pizzas," Harry says into the phone. Geez, that's a lot of pizza.

"Yes, it's 357 Maple Street," Harry says.

"Awesome, thank you!" He finally finishes the call.

"The pizzas will be here in twenty minutes," Harry says. "Where do you guys want to go after we eat: pool or beach?" We all sit down on the couches and talk.

"We should go to the beach," Louis says.

"Yeah, the beach is so much better than the pool," Calum agrees.

A few others agree that we should head to the beach, so I guess we're going to the beach now. I really just don't want to go. Harry probably isn't thinking about this right now, but no one else knows about my scars yet. If I go to the beach, I wouldn't even be able to swim without everyone seeing my scars.

"The beach it is, then," Harry says.

The kids are all grouped together on one side of the room and the adults in the other. We go off into our own conversations while we wait for the pizzas to arrive.

"Guys, we should go surfing," Ryan says. Surfing? Who the hell actually knows how to surf.

"Yeah! I think Niall brought a few boards for us in case we went down," Evan says and the others cheer. I stand corrected; everyone can surf apparently.

"What about you, Ellie? Do you want to surf?" Ryan asks.

"Um, I have never surfed before," I admit to them. If it were with anyone else, this would have been really embarrassing. Thankfully my friends are pretty cool.

"Oh, well we can definitely teach you. Claire is kind of still a beginner. She just started last summer," Ryan tells me, making me feel better.

"Oh, okay, then. Thanks!" I say. I just need to think of an excuse once we get to the beach to end up not swimming.

•~~~~~

Once the pizza arrives, Harry places all eight boxes on the table.

"Dig in," Harry tells us, handing us each a paper plate as we crowd around the table. Once he reaches me, he places a kiss on my forehead before handing me the plate.

"You doing okay?" He whispers to me, probably noticing me not being as enthusiastic as I should be.

I nod my head. "Yeah," I say and take the plate from him before turning away and heading toward the pizza.

That was really rude of me, I know. I need to realize that Harry isn't going to think about me whenever he suggests something. And he shouldn't. He's not making me go to the beach to embarrass me. He's doing it for me to have fun but just doesn't realize the harm he's causing.

I grab a piece of pineapple pizza and walk over to join my friends. We sit on the floor and chat about anything that comes to mind. We spend at least ten minutes on the topic of pineapple pizza; Claire, Rachel, and I are for it, and Ryan and Evan are completely against it.

Once everyone finishes eating, Louis says, "I'm going to go get changed in the bathroom!" Before running out of the kitchen and toward the bathroom. Well, that's Louis for you.

The rest of the adults, except for Harry, follow Louis and wait in line for a chance to change. "You guys can go change upstairs. You're welcome to use my bathroom too," Harry says.

"Okay, thanks, Harry," Rachel says.

They all begin walking upstairs and I follow close behind as I continue to think of a good excuse for getting out of going.