Monday

Scarlett Johnson is played by: @_Dark_Angel_101_

(A/N: I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be able to update for a week. :( I'm going on a Spanish field trip to Spain for my school. You can expect more updates in a week, I promise! ❤️)

(Song: Lost in Japan by Shawn Mendes)

ELLIE'S POV

I wake up in my own bed to Harry tapping my shoulder. "Hey, sweetie, it's time to get ready for school," he whispers in my ear.

The weekend seemed to have just started, yet it was already over. Isn't it kind of unfair that we only have two days off a week? I'm most definitely not in the mood to see Kyle today in gym class either.

The covers which were keeping me warm were lifted up by Harry, leaving my body exposed to the cool air. "Dad," I groan, dragging out the 'a.' "I don't want to go to school. Can I skip?"

"Not today. Nice try, though. Now, come on, let's get ready," he says while tossing the blanket at the end of my feet.

"Ugh, fine," I say.

"I'll meet you downstairs in a few minutes," Harry says before exiting my room.

I walk into my closet and pick out a white, long sleeved crop top with some plaid pants pants.

I lace up my black combat boots that Harry forced me to get when we went shopping; not that I'm complaining

•~~~~~

When I get downstairs with my backpack I see Harry grabbing some cereal from out of the cabinet. "We have Cheerios and Frosted Flakes. Preference?" He says.

"I'll have Cheerios," I say.

He nods his head and hands me a box. I pour it into the bowl which I'm assuming is for me since it was in front of my table. I'm just glad Harry is beginning to trust me some more with food. Obviously I still don't have a healthy relationship with food, but I am getting better. Harry letting me pour my own cereal is definitely a good thing.

He slides the milk across the counter and I pour some over my cereal. "You do it the wrong way," Harry says, pointing a finger at my bowl.

"Huh?" I ask, confused.

"The milk goes before the cereal. Common sense," he tells me.

"Dad, are you crazy. You can't seriously be one of those people. How are you supposed to know how much cereal is in your bowl if you pour the milk first?" I ask. Never in a million years would I ever think Harry is insane enough to pour milk first.

"How are you supposed to know how much milk is in your bowl if you put the cereal first?" He retorts with a smirk.

"You don't have to know how much milk is in the bowl. It just has to cover the cereal," I say matter-of-factly.

"The cereal just has to cover the milk," he says back.

"Yeah, but the cereal floats, Dad. I can't believe all these days that you've been pouring my cereal I've been eating it when it's not assembled correctly," I say.

"Whatever, Just way your unfortunate cereal," Harry says.

I roll my eyes  and push the milk back to him. "Fine," I laugh.

•~~~~~

The doorbell rings a few minutes after I finish my breakfast. "Bye, Dad. See you after school," I say, standing up and giving him a hug.

"Bye, love. See you later," Harry says hugging me back. When we let go he hands me my lunch, which I quickly shove into my backpack before walking outside to be greeted by my friends.

"Hey," Claire says with a smile. It's only been since Friday, but I feel like I haven't seen my friends in forever.

"Hey," I say back.

"More like hang ten, dude. You're basically a professional surfer," Ryan says with a chuckle.

"Shut up, I'm never surfing ever again. It's impossible, I swear," I say back, remembering my many failed attempts to catch a wave.

"Oh, come on, you can't expect to get it on your first try," Ryan says. "I'll teach you some day, for real."

"We'll See about that. I'm kind of hard to teach," I tell him.

"I can deal with that," he shrugs.

We continue talking about last Friday until we get to school, where we all say our goodbyes.

•~~~~~

After putting my backpack away in my locker, I walk to the gym locker room and get dressed. Thankfully, no one bothered me. They just acted like I don't exist, which I don't mind at all.

I walk into the gym and sit down in my assigned place. I was the first one in there since the others like to spend as much time as they can talking in the locker rooms.

The next person who walks in the room was a girl I've never seen before. She was really pretty. She had long blonde hair and tan skin. Basically what every girl wants to look like. I couldn't help but notice how skinny she was too. Saying I'm a little jealous would be an understatement.

She looks around and then walks over to me. "Hey... I'm new here, there's gym this period, right?" She asks.

"Yeah," I say standing up. "Everyone just takes forever in the locker rooms. I'm Ellie, by the way."

"Oh, okay. That's a relief. I thought I messed up my schedule or something," she laughs. Wow, even her laugh was beautiful. "And it's nice to meet you. My name is Scarlett."

"You too," I say with a smile. "You can sit here until everyone comes out. The teacher will be here before everyone else and you can introduce yourself. He's really nice."

"That's great. My last gym teacher was crazy! I swear he was a pervert. Always standing outside the girls locker room waiting for the door to swing open," she tells me.

"Ew. I can't believe people like that exist. And how does he still have a job?" I say. Scarlett and I have only known each other for a few minutes, but I already feel like I can talk to her really easily.

"Don't ask me," She says with a laugh.

•~~~~~

Mr. Hanson comes out eventually. "That's the teacher. Want me to go with you?" I ask.

"Yeah, If you wouldn't mind, I'd really appreciate that," she tells me.

"Of course," I say.

We both stand up and walk over to me. Hanson. "Good morning, Mr. Hanson. This is Scarlett, she's new," I tell him.

"Oh, Scarlett! Yes, I do remember getting a note about a new student. Welcome to gym class, I'm sure you'll love it. I'm Mr. Hanson, as you probably know. I'm glad to have you in my class," he says, holding his hand out for Scarlett to shake, which she does.

"I'm glad to be here," she says with a smile.

"Anyway, we can get you a uniform next class and for now you can just hang around Ellie. She's a very good student. We'll just be doing stations, as usual, so Ellie, you can show her around the gym," Mr. Hanson says.

"Yup, I can do that," I say.

•~~~~~

The other students come rushing through the door a few seconds after the bell rings and they run to sit in their seats. Scarlett and I walk back to my seat and sit down.

I'm really thankful for a new friend. Especially in gym, where Kyle is always being annoying and everyone hates me.