confessions & coffee

Note: Last chapter babes <3 Also, this is horrible. But what did we expect?

-

The whole rest of the month was like a dream for Sana. A blurry, beautiful, never-awaking, dream. Every morning she turned to her side and found Jihyo's sleeping face. She cooked breakfast for the adorable girl.

You know, Sana's rude thoughts interrupted her reminiscing, you have to confess one day. But she pushed the thought away. For once in her life, she had something good going and did not want to lose it. But it was only a matter of time.

It was late in the morning, usually they arrive at the coffee shop early but Jihyo was extra sluggish. She felt the familiar burning sensation take over her face as Jihyo calmly slipped her hand into Sana's. It was the same as every time, Jihyo would do something friendly and Sana would take it the wrong way. She would think: Does she like me? But these thoughts were futile and wrong. And Sana knew this. But every time she would think the same thing. Of the false hope.

"Can we get the drinks to go today?" Jihyo says sweetly, "I need to talk to you in private." Sana didn't miss the shake in her voice, but passed it on as her delusions again.

"Yeah, sure," Sana smiled down at her. Jihyo's eyes sparkled as she looked up at her, and Sana felt like they held universes. She could look into them forever, and still find new sentences to describe how beautiful they were.

-

Summer was slow approaching, the air was still frigid and rain came at nights. Sana loved this time of year, the weather was perfect enough that she had an excuse to not be outside. 

They reached Sana's apartment, and Jihyo let out a small sigh as Sana opened the door like a true gentlewoman. "So what do you have to tell me," Sana asked as soon as she closed the door. It was nagging her throughout the whole walk there and back. There was an awkward silence between them although they talked a lot.

"I thought about Nayeon's party and tried to remember what happened," Jihyo started, and Sana's heart pulled. "Did I kiss you?"

It felt as if her heart had stopped at that moment. "No, I don't think so," Sana replied slowly. Jihyo's face softened a little.

"Oh. My memory must be wrong then."

Sana just nodded, but she felt horrible for lying. She had never cared before, a lie was a lie and it had to be done. But why was it so hard to lie to Jihyo? Why did it feel as if she had betrayed God?

"Well, anyways," Jihyo said, trying to lighten the mood and change the subject as always, "I have another gig tonight! My sister and her girlfriend are going to be there." Sana smiled at Jihyo's cuteness. Did everything she did have to be so adorable?

-

The venue was more beautiful than any she had been to before. It was decorated with white roses and fairy lights around the tables. It must be very expensive to go here, Sana thought, I hope Jihyo gets paid a lot. 

"Sana!" said an enthusiastic voice behind her. It was Jihyo (no surprise) accompanied by two girls by her side. "This is Dahyun and her girlfriend Momo. Dahyun's my little sis," she said proudly. 

Sana waved, "I'm Sana," she said and stuck out her hand. 

"I've heard lots about you," Dahyun said with a smile. Sana thought the blush on Jihyo's cheeks was a trick of the light.

"We don't look very much alike, but Dahyun got the better genes," Jihyo said sweetly. Sana just shook her head. "You both got the good genes."

Dahyun laughed loudly. "You guys are so cute!"

Before Sana had the time to figure out what that meant, Dahyun was dragging her to seats at the bar and Jihyo had to get ready for her show. Dahyun and Momo were so cute together, it made her sad that she was still single and very sad. (She was also very much in need of a better job, but that was besides the point.)

But when Jihyo started singing, all of her whining was gone. 

She looked as beautiful as she always did illuminated by the fairy lights  and the atmosphere. Momo leaned in and whispered "You're in deep," with a smile.

Was she really that obvious?

It was when Jihyo sang the line, I gave you the world, because you are my everything, and looked straight at her, that Sana realized that, yes, she was very much in love with her. And it was very obvious.

-

It was the end of the night, the last song, and people were getting ready to head out. As it finished, Sana knew what she was going to do. It was most definitely really stupid, and she might regret it later.

Sana was going to confess to Jihyo. 

She practically ran to the stage as Jihyo went behind the small cover. She looked beautiful in the golden hour, and it made Sana think of why she was doing this.

"Sana, what's wrong?" Jihyo asked, her face scrunching up cutely.

"Iminlovewithyou," Sana spat out before she could think twice.

"What?"

Sana knew this was going to be bad. "I'm in love with you."

Jihyo's eyes widened and her mouth formed a small "O". Then she burst out in laughter. Normally Sana would have gushed about how cute it was, but she was horrified. This was it. Sana just lost one of her only friends (even though they live with each other.)

"Me too, you dumb bitch."

Wait, did she just say me too? DID SHE JUST CALL ME A DUMB BITCH? Sana's brain had short-circuited. 

"I've liked you since you were in my way by the trash can!"

Oh.

OH.

"Well, I guess I am a dumb bitch."

-

It was just like any other night. Jihyo was first in bed as always, Sana climbed in after her. But tonight Sana was happier than she probably ever had been. 

Jihyo liked her back. And she didn't even know.

"Sana," said a groggy voice from beside her. "I love you."

Her heart did jumps. Backflips. Aerials. Backbends. Turns. Many other acrobatic terms, too. "I love you more," she said, and kissed Jihyo for the second time on the lips.

But this time, it was right. Everything was right.

-

A/N

IT'S DONE BITCHES IT'S DONE!!!!!!! *CHEN VOICE* I CAN'T BELIEVE!!!!

this has been so much of a ride and i'm so glad that i was able to finish it!! thanks so so so so infinitely much for reading/voting/commenting I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THAT! <333

it's very sad that there are not more sahyo fics, and i think that is homophobic. hopefully this is a good contribution to the supply that we (sahyonators) have. 

and yes, i AM leaving wattpad and will only be on here to read at times. and YES this book is very much finished.

thanks for reading and i love you to the moon and back!