christmas carols & confusion

note: this is a christmas eve chapter (if you couldn't tell by the title) it does not contain actual christmas day

-

Sana's heart stopped. How could she have been evicted? As far as she knew Jihyo was not the type to skip paying bills or break any rules.

what?
i'll come as fast as i can

jihyo :)

thank you so much

Sana practically ran all the way to Jihyo's house. She couldn't afford a car, and Jihyo's house was not very far away. Sana approached the door and looked at the ripped notice left on the floor. It said that Jihyo had forty-eight hours to pack all of her stuff and leave the place. But why? Sana knocked on the door and looked around the place. She saw the same notices on many other doors.

Jihyo swung the doors open. Sana caught a quick glimpse of her face before Jihyo swung her arms around her neck. It was red and swollen. Yet somehow, she still looked beautiful to Sana. It could have looked ugly to anyone else, but anything looked good on Jihyo. Even tears.

"Thank you for coming," Jihyo said, her voice muffled in Sana's favorite coat. It was all wet and disgusting now, but Sana didn't mind. "Please come in."

The apartment was almost stripped bare, Jihyo had apparently started taking out boxes and taking down things within the fifteen minute time frame. She sat down on a couch and gestured for Sana to do the same.

"I would call Nayeon and Jeongyeon, but they live together and I might have died. And Tzuyu lives with her mom," Jihyo chuckles slightly. The delightful sound that usually brings Sana happiness made her sad. "I know we've only known each other for like two days, but I feel like I can trust you. It's weird."

This comment made Sana's heart do flips. It might be irregular how often it does that when she is around Jihyo, she should get it checked out by a doctor.

"It's fine. I'll welcome you into my apartment. It's a little lonely in there anyway," Sana sighed. It was more than a little lonely nowadays. Her only friends, Mina and Chaeyoung, were so couple-like that Sana could barely stand to be around them at this point. It only made her want to barf. 

"Why did you get evicted?"

"Well, I did not get evicted persay. The apartment complex is being demolished so everyone is forced to leave."

Sana nodded in understanding. She thought it was a little stupid that the landowner did not give them more of a warning, but she kept that thought to herself. She would fight them later for evicting her unrequited love. 

Jihyo glanced at her watch. "It's getting a little late. Could you please help me pack a little more?" 

Sana nodded. They get about half of her things into boxes before they decide to retire for the night and head to Sana's place. 

They walked a little slower this time, taking in the nighttime views. It was freezing cold at this time and at the beginning of winter. The cold made Jihyo's face a little red, and when she breathed out, a white cloud appeared. Jihyo must have noticed Sana staring because she looked up at her and smiled. It was her famous smile that made Sana's heart sink and then jolt back up. It was her favorite sight in the world. 

Jihyo brought a small bag with her of toiletries, and clothes for the night. This sort of disappoints Sana, Jihyo looked so cute wearing her clothes last night. Sana was already in bed when Jihyo crawled in. She didn't even ask, but it was a given that they would be sleeping in the same bed.