smiles & shopping malls

note: i added times into this chapter so that you can get an idea of when everything happened. hopefully, it isn't confusing.

12:44 PM

Sana woke up feeling warmth enveloping her instead of the usual coldness. She realized that Jihyo was hugging her like a huge teddy bear, her arms wrapped around Sana's neck and her legs tangled in the sheets. Sana's face heated up as she carefully removed Jihyo's arms, trying not to wake her up. The girl only stirred and went back to sleep.

Since Sana was feeling bubbly this morning (which was a rare occurrence) she went into the kitchen and decided to fix eggs for her and Jihyo. The satisfying sound of the eggs sizzling made Sana smile. It was such a nice morning. The sun was shining through the windows, the house was not deathly cold, and she woke up to her girl crush holding on to her for dear life. What a great start.

After the eggs were done, Sana put two eggs on each plate and let them cool as she went to wake up Jihyo. 

Sana sat down on her bed and tapped Jihyo lightly on the shoulder. There was no answer from the sleeping beauty. 

"Jihyo?" Sana said softly. Jihyo's eyes shot open. She wiped her eyes and looked up softly at Sana. Her morning groggy face was picture perfect. Somehow, her hair was not a mess and her makeup was barely smudged. This sort of messy look made Sana want to stare at her all day.

"I made breakfast," Sana smiled down at her and Jihyo frowned. 

"While I was sleeping? I could have helped you! I'm sorry..." Jihyo hugged her. 

"It's really okay. You needed the sleep."

"Yeah, I guess. I thought I wouldn't sleep well since I always hug things in my sleep," Jihyo giggles and swung her legs out from under the covers. The two girls made their way to the kitchen and started to eat.

-

"You know what we should do today?" Jihyo said suddenly. The pair were sitting on Sana's couch watching whatever was on the television. They shared one blanket together, and Jihyo rested her head on Sana's. 

Sana hoped that Jihyo couldn't hear her heart beating like crazy.

"What?"

"We should go shopping. At the mall."

"I'm broke as fuck," Sana said blatantly. It was true, she worked part-time as a soccer coach. This was just enough to pay for her apartment, let alone food and other necessities. Jihyo took a hold of her hand and looked Sana in the eyes.

"I'll buy you something. As a thank you for letting me stay over."

'Fine. We should get going though."

Jihyo groaned and buried her face into Sana's neck. Nevermind. Sana thought. She didn't want to move from the position anymore. Especially when Jihyo looked so cute wearing Sana's pajamas.

-

1:59 PM

Sana had once again lent Jihyo her cutest (and smallest) clothes. This was light-washed shorts and a yellow shirt. It matched well with Jihyo's bright personality and her ever-growing smile. God, Sana never wanted to see this smile wiped off of her face. It was a look of pure glee and joy. It reminded her of why she loved Jihyo and loved seeing her at that coffee shop. Just the sight of her made Sana giddy and happy.

Sana herself was wearing something less bright. She had black jeans and a navy blue shirt. When she stepped out of the roo and saw Jihyo waiting for her there, her heart stopped. Jihyo smiled so wide and complimented how she looked. And that was all that mattered at the moment.

They walked out of Sana's apartment, hand in hand, and walked swiftly to the mall. It was really close to where Sana lived, so it was not a far walk at all.

At the mall, the two girls went shopping at many different department stores. The first one they went into was Charming Charlie, which had cheap-ish jewelry and accessories. What really caught Sana's eye was a necklace with a rainbow and a small heart. It was only seven dollars, and she would die to see the look on Jihyo's face if she could give it to her. So Sana quickly bought it without Jihyo seeing, and the pair left the shop.

3:33 PM

They were walking around the mall and basically window shopping when Jihyo's face lit up. "Oh! I'll buy you a pretzel!" she said and dragged Sana over to the small place next to chairs and couches. 

They shared a giant pretzel and talked about random topics. This included their favorite music, hobbies, and talents. Sana had spent almost two days straight with Jihyo now, she almost forgot that they had only really known each other for a short amount of time. 

After the pretzel and the frozen lemonade has been downed and the girls were done shopping, they decided that it was time to leave. Although neither wanted to, Sana walked Jihyo to her house, which was just down the street from the mall also. They walked up to the door and Jihyo turned to Sana and smiled softly.

4:17 PM

"Thank you, Sana. Thank you for this really fun and wonderful day," Jihyo said.

Sana blushed furiously at this comment, and Jihyo must have noticed because she started to laugh lightly. Jihyo's laugh was another one of Sana's favorite things about her. Her soft giggles filled Sana's mind and stopped all her thoughts. It was the only thing that Sana wanted to ever hear. It was so soft and precious, she wanted it to replay all the time.

They said their goodbyes, and just as Jihyo was about to close the door, Sana remembered something. "Oh!" she exclaimed and pulled the necklace out of her pocket. Jihyo looked back at Sana with a confused expression on her face. 

"I almost forgot this," Sana explained, holding the necklace up so that Jihyo could see it. 

Jihyo stepped closer and examined the necklace. She smiled and looked up at Sana. "You really didn't have to, you know," she said as she turned around so that Sana could hook it around her neck.

"I know, but I wanted to," Sana smiled as Jihyo turned around. 

Jihyo planted a soft kiss on Sana's cheek and smiled warmly. "Bye for real now. Hopefully I can see you soon." Sana's heart jumped out of her chest (or at least that's what it felt like) as Jihyo closed the door. She hopped down the stairs giddily and smiled the whole way home.

-

It was late at night, and Sana had taken off all of her makeup and was about to get to bed. She got a text from Jihyo. She was confused and flustered, they had just parted ways!

jihyo :)
can you please come over
sorry i know it's late but it's an emergency

what happened?

jihyo :) 
i got evicted

-

A/N

Haha, sorry for that cliffhanger. Also, I would like to apologize for not updating in a long time and for the horrible and short chapter. This is the best I can do for right now. 

Here is my plan in the near future:

1. Possibly a Christmas chapter (if I can get my butt in gear)

2. Most likely a New Year's chapter (I'll try, it sounds cool.)

3. How long do you guys want this fic to be? I feel like it's going too fast, but I want my reader's opinions

Anyways, thank you so much for reading! I love reading your comments and I love it when people vote on my stories. It means a lot!