twenty one

"WERE MATCHING

"WERE MATCHING.", Theo announced as we jumped into his car again.

I looked down at my black custom leather Alexander Wang dress and matching Jimmy Choo's and then over at Theo who was also dressed in all black.

"We are." I smiled at him as he revved the engine of his car and started backing out of the schools carpark. His muscular arm was around the back of my seat as he looked through the back window, careful to not hit anyone or anything.

"Can I put some music on?" I asked, pulling my phone out of my pocket as he moved his arm.

"Of course." He said, "the cords right there."

I nodded, taking it and plugging it into my phone before scrolling through my playlist.

What would he like? I didn't know anything about his music taste, would he find the my music taste too surprising?

"Put what you want on, doll."

My gaze flickered up to him, but his seaweed green eyes were stuck on the road ahead.

I settled for 'hot fuss' by the Killers, if he didn't like that it was his problem I thought as I clicked play.

A lazy smile spread across Theo's face as 'Jenny was a friend of mine' came through the speakers.

"Interesting music taste." He commented, bopping his head along with the song.

"Thank you." I replied, "I didn't know what you would like, so I played it safe in my books."

"The killers is the best choice you could of made." He said, "they're actually one of my favourites."

"No way." I said, slightly surprised," I never would of known."

The car turned a sharp corner, launching me slightly in my seat close to him. He wasn't fazed though, he kept his eyes on the road and face straight as he seemed to ignore the previous conversation we were having.

"That's why I would like to get to know you better." He said after a while.

My ears relished the smoothness of his accent in comparison to my blunter voice.

With my interest peaked I moved slightly, so my body was facing more towards him, "how come?"

He was silent for a second, "how come I want to get to know you more?"

I nodded, waiting for him to expand. He turned to me, ivy eyes locking with mine, "you intrigue me."

"Intrigue you?" I echoed, "how exactly."