Chapter 8

Chapter 8: I'll Be That CNN B*tch

Mason sat on his large mattress, phone in hand and thumbs moving quickly over the screen. His back began to ache from the awkward way he was bending over his device, but he didn't really care.

It was nearly 1 in the afternoon, and Mason was currently on a mission. He wanted to get all of his friends here so he could make Jasmine and Daniel's actions an example of what not to do to your friend that is crushing on your other friend.

Sure it was dramatic of him, holding a grudge like this when the class had gone so well. But Mason felt disrespected. While he wasn't completely sure why Daniel hadn't felt the need to mention the fact that he had told both of them about the program, Mason knew that Jasmine had done it on purpose.

Jasmine did this all of the time. Somehow organize a plan where two people, often Mark and Mason, were forced together and wait by the phone to hear how her wonderful plan had gone. If she wanted to play that game, then Mason was going to call her out on it.

Mason texted the usual friends, Mark, Jasmine, Daniel, and Clark, to come over to his house this evening to hang out and have dinner with his family.

While most of them responded back, quickly agreeing, Clark was hesitant and eventually declined since he had work and would be tired afterwards. Mason didn't mind, he knew how dedicated Clark was to work and promised that he would get him over to his house another time.

But, now he could focus wholly on drilling those two for what they did. And, with any luck, Mark would be willing to help.

—————

Jasmine and Mark were the last to arrive. Mason had already been entertaining Daniel for a while, the two of them playing an intense game of Crazy 8's, and grinned widely when he found out that they had come. Daniel eyed him suspiciously but didn't comment on his creepy expression. Mason quickly paused their game and ran down the stairs to meet the twins at the door.

The doorbell rang right when Mason's hand touched the knob, and he swung it open with a wide smile. Jasmine jumped back, eyes wide and released a sharp yelp. Mark's eyes widened slightly from surprise, then they narrowed when he saw Mason's expression. He knew what he was up to. But, he didn't seem opposed.

Mason opened the door wider, letting them enter, and followed behind them as they walked up to his room.

"Welcome, welcome." He grinned, gesturing to his cleaner-than-usual room. "I hope you enjoy your time at my Bed and Breakfast."

"Then where's the food?" Daniel asked, a brow raised in Mason's direction. Mason placed his hands on his hips and cocked them out to the right sassily.

"If I remember correctly, it isn't morning. So breakfast time is over." Mason deadpanned before sitting on the floor again. "And this is actually the time for me to be asking the questions."

Daniel seemed slightly taken aback, and Jasmine turned to Mason with a curious expression.

"What are you talking about?" Jasmine asked, a small smile on her face even as she was confused.

Mark sat down beside Mason, and Mason decided to take it as a sign of his support. Jasmine eyed her brother, likely noticing it. Of course she did, she was hipper aware of anything that had to do with Mason and her brother.

"We're talking about the fact that the two of you wanted to be sneaky and manipulative." Mark says finally, glaring at the two in front of him. "You know it is kind of childish to keep the fact that we're going to the same nursing program from each other."