Chapter 6

Chapter 6: First Session Pt 1

Mark Tyler scowled, his arms folding over his broad chest. With his large build and height, the act made him appear to be even more intimidating than before. Mason and a surfer looking guy that he didn't know were now walking into the building, but Mark had already been watching the entire interaction. He was not happy with what had transpired.

Mark was surprised when he saw Mason standing outside of the building where the first session of the nursing program would be held. He should have expected it, really; Mason had mentioned that he planned to become a nurse like Mark. Yet, Mark was still surprised.

He had wanted to go up to his friend and make his presence known but soon some guy with surfer shorts and long blonde hair was coming in to make his move. Mark wanted to rip the guy off and throw him back to whatever wave he was thrown out of. But, doing so would reveal his slightly overprotective attitude towards Mason.

Mark had known Mason Moore for several years. The shorter brown boy had caught his eye quickly but they hadn't become friends until he had befriended his sister first. Mason, without actually realizing it, was a very attractive boy.

Mark had scared off one or seven guys who had been waiting to "tap that" without Mason noticing because he knew the one thing that guys like them wanted. Hell, he was one of those guys every once in a while. Now though, Mark was left to watch as this long-haired manwhore came to swoop his friend away.

Touching his lower back, kissing his fist, whispering in his ear. Mark was familiar with those moves. It made it clear to him that this guy was going to be trouble. The issue was keeping him away from Mason.

Mason was bi and often leaned towards guys more than anything. That was partly because guys were always pulling moves on him. Short curly hair, cute heart-shaped face, wide expressive eyes. Even those who were experimenting often went to guys that looked like Mason first.

Mason could easily be feeling the surfer's advances already. On top of that, Mason was a naturally social person. Put him in a room with 5 strangers and after an hour, he'll probably have all of their numbers. Even if Mason didn't like the beachy guy already, he would not want to be kept away from a friend.

This is not going to be as fun as I thought. Mark thinks while kissing his teeth. Having to tactfully get this man away from Mason wouldn't be easy and he dreaded the challenge he was now agreeing to.

—————

"Good afternoon everyone!" The older woman smiled, her bright brown eyes taking in the large group before her. Hesitant expressions and other smiling faces met her eyes and she felt a surge of excitement. "Wow, I was not expecting such a big turnout! I guess Grey's Anatomy finally has some hot nurses this season, huh?"

Some laughs and chuckles were heard around the room, amused by her sudden and unexpected joke. Lorraine Adams sent another wide smile to the class, fully taking in the scene before her. It really warmed her heart to see the excited faces of younger and older people of all genders and races wanting to help others.

Mason stared wide-eyed up at the older woman. While there were some photos of her up on the Nurse Trek website, the photos did not capture the energetic spirit of this woman. Mason was practically in awe as he looked at her. The black woman was a bit of a big deal and her involvement in the education aspect was truly remarkable.

He thought that he would enjoy this program before he signed up, but if the curriculum and nursing made him as happy as this woman appeared to be now, then he had made the right choice. The woman did have a reason to be happy, she was doing what she loved, teaching the engaged about nursing and helping others.