Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Pew Pew Pew!

Mason and Mark were seated on a couch in the basement, their feet the only point of contact between them. Unlike usual, Mason wasn't over to sleep with Mark. Aaron and Aiden's anniversary party was the next day and Jasmine had brought up the idea that Mason stay over the night before and go there with her, Mark, and their older sisters. Not only did Mason think it would be fun, but he thought it would be a good opportunity to hang out with Jasmine again.

Unfortunately, not much hanging out was happening between them since Mason had been here. Jasmine and Mason were alone together for a bit when he first arrived, but Mason didn't have much to say and once Mark joined them, Jasmine made herself scarce. In the end, Mason honestly did feel more comfortable sitting next to Mark and saying nothing. Somehow, there was tension when he was around Jasmine and he did not know why. Mason was still contemplating the odd situation with his best friend when Mark nudged him with his shoulder, getting Mason's attention.

"Hey Mason, do you know what time Aaron and Aiden's anniversary party is supposed to start?" Mark asked him, still staring at his phone. Mason said a quiet 'uhh' to fill the space as he thought. Finally giving up, he went to his messages.

"This says 3:30 so being there at 3 would probably be good." Mason told him having checked the messages he received from Aiden. "Though Francesca will probably try to get us ready for 2:30, knowing how much time we all take."

Mark chuckled, thinking about days as a kid trying to get all of their family members somewhere on time.

"That's just how large families work I suppose." Mark commented with a nostalgic smile. "It takes another half an hour to do anything together."

Mason didn't really know what Mark was talking about. While he looked Yemeni, he was raised in a white middle class family with two kids. It was rare that they were ever late. Still, Mason smiled, watching Mark reminisce. After a few moments, Mark started looking around the room, checking if the two of them were alone before he got this mischievous gleam in his eyes as his gaze landed on Mason. Slowly, he shifted himself closer to Mason, throwing his left arm over his shoulder.

"You know, both of our families are very perceptive." Mark began, somehow making the normal words sound flirty. "We're probably going to have to keep our distance tomorrow so they don't catch on."

Mason shrugged at the proposition. He and Mark were keeping their arrangement a secret so it was normal for them to keep the touchiness to a minimum around other people. Now, it just made him wonder why Mark was bringing it up in the first place.

"I think I deserve a bit of extra affection to make up for it, don't you?"

With a grin, Mark snagged Mason's chin, pulling him into an intense kiss. When Mason pulled away, his eyes were wide open, scanning the room around them in alarm.

"But your sisters are here. They could walk in at any time." Mason argued, pointedly keeping his eyes off of Mark, who probably looked even sexier than usual. Mark didn't seem to think the whole making out in a common room thing was a big deal and just shrugged his shoulders.

"So? If they see, they see. We'll deal with it if it comes up." Mark replied easily, dipping down to catch Mason's lips again.

Pulling back just enough to dodge Mark's mouth, Mason stared at the man in front of him, completely stunned.

"You're okay with people finding out?" Mason whispered in surprise. He searched Mark's face, looking for a sign that he had misunderstood the man, but no such thing arose. Mark seemed confident in his words, and satisfied with what they meant.