Chapter 13

Gajeel's POV

It's the second day of the competition and this time we have a chance to actually gain some points. The guys and I were waiting on our balcony as the stadium was filling up with people. From where I was standing I had a clear view of the girls but my eyes were fixed only on the shrimp. "Stalking your little shrimp are we Gajeel?" 

"Tch, like you haven't been staring at the she-demon this whole time Laxus." I gruffed in reply, "You've known the shrimp longer, did you know she was a dragon slayer?" I looked at the lightning bolt from the corner of my eye as a deep frown etched itself on his face. 

"No." was his reply, "I don't think anyone did, maybe Gramps-"

"Doubt it, even Master Makarov looked shocked by the news," Sting interrupted our conversation.

"Maybe but he could have been faking surprise," Jake joined in, "Now pay attention we'll be starting soon." Turning back to face the now full stadium I briefly locked gazes with the Shrimp before she turned away I glared slightly confused as to the conflict that flashed through her gaze. My thoughts were disrupted when the old crone spoke up. 

Narrator's POV

"Alright, quiet down you imbeciles and let's get this day over with.." Porlyusica spoke up from her place beside the other judges. 

"Uh, thank you Porlyusica.. Anyway welcome to Day 2 of the competition!" Minerva cheered followed suit by the crowd, "Now before you is the Monster Mansion!" the crowd quieted down as said mansion appeared before them in the middle of the stadium. 

"In this mission the remaining three members of the team with each take a turn at defeating the monsters inside, the fastest time will receive 4 points for their team and the slowest will only receive 2, all the remaining times in between will each gain 3 points." Gildarts took over as the audience marveled at the mansion, "This mansion is home to five thousand monsters I wish you all good luck!"

"With that will those team members please step forward!" Makarov stood tall before the microphone his voice booming against every ones ears, as ordered Mirajane, Lucy, Kagura, Rogue, Laxus, and Natsu all stepped forth into the arena facing the menacing doors that will lead them to the monsters they will be facing for Day 2 of the competition, "Given that the girls won the previous challenge we decided to allow them the chance to choose who shall be the first to enter the mansion."

"Well in that case why don't we let Natsu go first," Mirajane smiled sweetly towards the three boys a mischievous glint hidden deep within her blue orbs.

"Yeah! I'm fired up now!" the aforementioned salamander exclaimed hands aflame as he moved closer to the doorway. His teammates and the girls moving away as they sat down getting comfortable while they waited for his time to begin.

"Let Day 2 begin!!" Minerva cheered as Natsu burst through the front doors, a screen appearing above the mansion with a timer while also showing what was happening inside. Monsters appeared left and right as Natsu cremated them one by one, his starting time fairly good for the first little bit but little did he know the monsters grew stronger the longer he was in there, the weakest mere distractions to drain him of his powers before he reached the attic where the strongest lie in wait. But Natsu being, well, Natsu never let that get to him as he continued forward, eating the fire of monsters to gain energy as the time clicked onward. Drained and bruised the salamander of Fairy Tail made his way to the attic, 5 monsters stood tall before him as they braced themselves for battle. His time ticking away closing in on the four minute mark. The screen outside grew too bright to gaze upon and while his celestial mage wouldn't admit it, Lucy was worried for the fire dragon as everyone lost sight of him in the flames. The silence shattered as glimmering shards rained down from the attic windows. 

"And with a time of 4 minutes and 7 seconds Natsu has defeated all 5,000 monsters!" Gildarts cheered as Natsu stepped out of the mansion his signature grin smiling upon the spirited audience. However, at that moment he could care less if he had the slowest time why? because seeing the relief in Lucy's stature and in her breathtaking smile made it all the better being able to see her smile at her partner like they always did before she left him alone with Happy at Fairy Tail. 

"Up next is Lucy Heartfilia!" Makarov smiled knowingly at the couple, Lucy breathed deeply stepping toward the now open doorway, new monsters already appearing inside but what truly gave her courage were the few simple words the Fire Dragon whispered as she walked past him their arms almost grazing as they advanced in separate directions.

"You can do this, Luce.." his words never left her mind as her clock chimed its first second as she readied her old and new spells. "Alright lets get this over with. Just do as Celeste taught you.." breathing back out she began, Star dresses, and celestial summoning she vanquished the first half with ease however her energy was draining and so she resorted to her new dragon slayer magic, originally hoping not to use it until Day 3. However, much like the saying goes, desperate times call for desperate measures. As Lucy continued onward the girls outside began to smile knowing what would happen next, and what did happen surprised them all. "Celestial Dragon Orion Storm!!" eyes shimmering golden a magic circle appeared behind her its center the constellation Orion as glimmering balls of energy shoot outwards from every star destroying all monsters within Lucy's sight as she directed which way the starry tempest blew.

"Wait, did she say dragon!?" Sting exclaimed from his place on the boys balcony. As Lucy continued onward casting more spells taught to her by Celeste one of the few Celestial Dragons, all were frozen with shock but continued cheering the girl on anyway. Natsu who had been frozen from the moment she confessed about her dragon slayer abilities, grinned as he marveled at the strength his mate showed and even if the boys win this round at least he would have learned not to underestimate the power his partner held. Soon her clock stopped as she too came out from within the mansion exhausted and proud of what she accomplished even though her time was tied with Natsu's.