Chapter 4 - Fireworks

Tom’s P.O.V

        “Hey Tom, wait up!” Chris called after me as I was walking into the locker room.

        “Hey!” I called back, standing there waiting as Chris ran up to me.

        “Listen, I know it’s weird and whatever, but I need you to tell me pretty much everything there is to know about Rhian. I don’t want to mess this up.”

        “Woah, dude, you guys are only hanging out after training...it’s not like you’re getting married or something.” I joked, jabbing him in the ribs.

        “Please, Tom.” Chris begged. A smile crept onto my face.

        “You like her, don’t you?”

        “Yeah...er...I guess.” Chris’ cheeks turned a pale pink.

        “You like her, you like her, you like her!” I teased him, dancing around in circles.

        “Oh shut up.” Chris grinned, punching me in the arm.

        “All right, all right,” I smiled. “What do you want to know?”

---

        “Just to warn you, she’s pretty competitive, and you shouldn’t underestimate her, just because she’s a girl, doesn’t mean she can still whoop your ass in video games.” I had spent the entire training session telling Chris everything I could about Rhian. It wasn’t hard, I didn’t actually know her as well as Chris thought I did.

        “Ok, ok,” Chris cracked his knuckles, the two of us sitting on the edge of the pool. “I’m going to get a few more dives in before the end of the day.”

---

Rhian’s P.O.V

        I walked swiftly through the parking lot of the pool, pulling my sleeves down my arms.

        “Hey Rhian!” I turned and saw Cailyn and Kaylee walking towards me, their bags strapped around their shoulders.

        “Hi guys.” I smiled, waving slightly.

        “Are you picking up Tom or...” Cailyn started, her voice trailing off.

        “Erm, no actually. I’m meeting Chris; we were going to hang out later.” I blushed, staring down at my shoes.

        “Ohhhhh,” Cailyn and Kaylee said at the same time, giving each other evil grins.

        “What?” I asked in confusion.

        “Oh don’t worry.” Kaylee laughed, throwing her head back as she did.

        “Look, I know sometimes hanging around with guys can get a bit annoying, so you can come hang out with us anytime you want, it be fun!” Cailyn offered me.

        “Yeah, that sounds great, thanks.”

        “Why don’t we swap numbers so we can get in touch with you?” I nodded, handing Cailyn over my phone while taking hers and putting my number in.

        “Well we’d better be off, and you’d better go see Chris.” Kaylee smiled. “See you!”

        “Yeah, see you guys later!” I called back, heading into the pool. The smell of chlorine hit me like a giant wave, almost knocking me back a bit. I turned down the hall into the pool that Chris had told me to meet him at.