Chapter 7 - Payback

Rhian’s p.o.v

        I woke up, Tom sprawled on the bottom of the bed, and me squished up against the wall. I quietly got up, sneaking past him and into the kitchen. There, lying on the table was a note. ‘We’ve gone out to the shops for the day, there’s money on the counter for supper, Leslie & Deb’. I clicked on the coffee maker, the soft whirr humming through the house. I glanced around the kitchen and noticed something that made my heart stop. There on the fridge was a picture of Tom, Jack, and Chris. I immediately looked away. I sighed heavily, not glancing at the picture again. All guys are the same. They always end up leaving me.

        “Hey Tom! Time to wake up! Come on, let’s go!” I jumped, feeling startled. Cailyn walked in from the back door, a smile on her face.

        “Oh...sorry Rhian. I didn’t – how are you?”

        “I’m fine.” I mumbled, grabbing my coffee mug. “Excuse me.” Cailyn nodded as I walked back up the stairs. When I got back to my room I saw Tom still sleeping soundly on my bed.

        “Tom, Tom! Cailyn’s here!” I shook him awake.

        “Wha- oh shit is that the time? I’m late! Sorry Rhi, I’ve got to get to training. I’ll see you when I get home?” I only nodded, slurping back more of my coffee. “It’s going to be all right, you’ll see.”

        “Yeah, sure.” I rolled my eyes. Tom shook his head, kissing my head as he ran out the door. I turned on my iPod, connecting to the speakers. A sad melody floated out of the speakers, filling the whole room. I felt so pathetic. We hadn’t even known each other for that long, it’s just...Chris was different. It felt right with him. And now...now I was sitting down in my room, alone, tears still falling down my face.

Chris’ P.O.V

        I sat alone in the locker room. Jack had hardly even acknowledged me, just giving me a slight wave. I don’t even know why I did it. Emma was a bitch, to say the least. But there I was, I had messed up again. Tom quickly ran into the locker room, obviously late for training. His eye looked less swollen, but his face was still as angry as before.

        “Tom, let me-“

        “No, Chris, don’t even. You know, I don’t understand you. You had Rhian. But you had to crawl back to the back stabbing bitch that ruined your life! Why’d you go back to her Chris? Why’d you do it?” I sat there stunned, not saying a word. It all made sense.

        “I’m such an idiot.”

        “Yeah, you’ve got that right.” He grabbed his towel, leaving me in the locker room, alone again. I sighed, grabbing my own towel, and walking out to the pool deck.

Rhian’s P.O.V

        I sat in the kitchen, drinking my 4th cup of coffee. The empty mugs stood in front of me, my head resting on the table.

        “Woah, Rhian, are you ok?” Will came in, a weird expression on his face.

        “Yup, I’m fabulous.” I said grimly, reaching for the coffee pot.

        “I think that’s enough coffee for now.” He placed his hand over mine, taking the coffee pot away from me. “What’s wrong Rhian?” I sighed, not wanting to tell Will.

        “It’s nothing you need to worry about Will.”

        “But I want to help Rhian, please.” His face was full of concern and he pulled his chair closer to mine.