Chapter 8 - Back on the Field

Rhian’s P.O.V

        I pulled myself away from Chris, running a hand through my hair.

        “You’re not completely forgiven yet.” I mumbled, backing away slightly. I looked away, remembering the kiss he had shared with Emma.

        “Rhi, you don’t understand. What happened with Emma, it...it was stupid, and I made the biggest mistake. While you were in the hospital, Emma started feeding me lies about how you were seeing someone else and that you were just playing with me.”

        “And you believed her?” I felt anger rising up in me, and I felt my heart beat quicken its pace.

        “I did.” Chris whispered quietly. “We...we used to date. Emma and I. I had trusted her, when I should have trusted you. I’m so sorry Rhian, please give me another chance?” He looked up at me, his eyes watering slightly and his cheeks red in embarrassment. I grabbed his hands in mine, a small smile on my face.

        “Everybody deserves a second chance, Chris,” I said quietly, a giant smile appearing on Chris’ face. “But don’t you dare mess it up this time.” Chris laughed, pulling me into a hug, kissing me on the nose.

        “I promise you, I won’t.”

-----

Tom’s P.O.V

        I looked over to see Cailyn sleeping silently beside me, her beautiful face resting quietly. I sat up and stretched my arms, the morning sun creeping in through the window.

        “Oh...morning.” Cailyn said quietly, sitting up beside me.

        “Hey sleepyhead! How’d you sleep?” I asked, brushing a stray strand of hair off of her face.

        “Fine, I guess. My head hurts like something awful though.” Cailyn groaned, falling back onto my bed.

        “Well maybe you shouldn’t have had all those drinks last night.” I teased, shaking my head.

        “How are you so awake?” She asked, burying her head in her hands. I shrugged, moving up off the bed and throwing an old t-shirt on.

        “Come on, I’ll go see what I can scrounge up for breakfast.” I turned out of my room, walking down the hall. “And don’t forget we’ve got training today!” I yelled back, only hearing a groan in response.

---

I rumbled out of the foam pit, pleased with the dive I had been trying to perfect. Cailyn sat on the side lines, her hood covering her face, as she stretched out her muscles...again.

        “Again? What’s it been, 6 times you’ve sat here stretching?” I laughed, sitting down beside her.

        “Shhh! Coach may hear you! It’s not my fault...I just...don’t want to pull something.” Cailyn smiled. I reached over and pulled her hood off of her face, grabbing onto her hand and pulling her up off the floor.

        “At least try and get a few dives in today, will you?” I pleaded. Cailyn smiled, taking her hoodie off and walking over to the practice diving boards.

        “Fine Tom, just for you.” I smiled wide, walking over to the trampolines, hoping to get a chance to talk to Chris.

        “Hey Tom, can I talk to you?” I looked over and saw Chris, a smile on his face.