Though, each time, I love you.

Jimin pants, running out the train doors, trying to catch up to the tall man.

The man pauses his steps already almost out the exit of the station, looking at Jimin with amusement, waiting, on top of the stairs.

Jimin throws him a glare as he jogs over to him, about to put his train card inside his pocket as he does so.

However, he gets interrupted, half of his body crashing into another one, card falling right out of his hand and dropping to the floor along with another one.

"Ah, sorry," Jimin mutters, his heart strangely starting to fasten in pace. He crouches down to pick the card up, without looking at which one it is. He's about to go, almost running again towards Namjoon, but once again, he's interrupted.

"Ah, excuse me," an unfamiliar voice calls. It's unfamiliar but Jimin feels the slight shudder down his spine as he turns around to look.

As their eyes meet, Jimin freezes, his body's equilibrium suddenly thrown off, heart thudding fast and loud, breath knocked out of his lungs.

The man seems to be equally taken aback at this, not really understanding why.

But, the man holds out his card, a slight pink on his cheeks as he shyly speaks, voice low and deep, "This is your card."

Jimin, out of his trance — but still shaken up — looks at the card he's holding, seeing the name Kim Taehyung on it instead of Park Jimin.

And, for a second, his mind flashes with a what if, mind flashing with hypothetical images. What if—

"Oh, you're right, sorry," he mumbles, not letting his mind explode the stupid thought, his body naturally feeling disappointed as he takes his card, then handing the other one over.

But, before they part ways again, they can't help but stare, eyes on eyes, heart still loud in their ribcage.

They feel like they know each other, feeling an odd connection, but it's strange; they can't remember each other's faces.

There's an air of sadness between them, feeling like they're letting life slip away just like that when Jimin breaks their gaze, slightly bowing in apology, "I... have to go." He says, but it hurts to say it.

The man just nods, still entranced as he watches Jimin turn around to step away, feeling an inexplicable yet sad squeeze to his heart.

Jimin gives Namjoon a small smile as he finally gets to where he was, "Let's go?"

Namjoon just smiles at him, nodding, finally stepping out the train station. He gives Jimin an amused smile, "I saw you. Why'd you pick the wrong one up on purpose?"

Of course, he notices. Pouting, Jimin exclaims, "I don't know! I just felt drawn to it, I knew it wasn't mine, but I picked it up without properly thinking."

There's a chuckle from the other, "Maybe it was fate all along, hm? What if you were led to that place and moment in time so that could happen? So, you could meet him?"

Jimin sighs, heart still aching without reason. "Well, fate also didn't want it to work out, then." With that, he actually glances back to look if the man is still there. He's not. The painful squeeze tightens in his heart. "Stop it with your philosophy bullshit right now, I don't wanna hear this on the last day of vacation."

Laughing again, Namjoon nods, dropping the topic.

Even after that, Jimin doesn't feel the tightness in his chest lift, as there's no one to tell them that he'd dream of that stranger from now on. No one to tell them they're meant to be.

No one to tell them they're soulmates.