12

The next day Doctor Saad doesn't come, we waited for him for an hour and resumed our own duties.

Whenever he wasn't at the hospital, I was the one in charge for my group.

I clapped my hands together to grasp everyone's attention, " So Doctor Saad isn't here, I'll try calling him but for now I want all of you to carry on your respective duties and be in touch with me. If you feel lost get in touch with me, just keep me and yourself on the same page. Off you go." She swayed them away like bees.

But Eman and Asad remained standing infront of her.

"What do you want from me?"

"Can we have dinner outside today?" Eman looked away distinctly probably thinking about food at 8 am.

Mina walked up to her and flicked her finger on her forehead.

Eman glared at her, " I hate when you're in charge."

"Off to work, I don't want to see you sulking." I pushed Eman and Asad out of the room.

And sat by her laptop, she logged in and checked her schedule for the day.

Surgery, follow up appointments, surgery and emergency room rounds.

She banged her head on the table, emergency rounds! Saad definitely hated her to bits.

Mina got free around 8pm and she was dead tired. She sprawled on the couchein her room and checked her phone, no new messages or calls, wow her siblings definitely made her feel loved.

Her shoe laces untied, she walked out of the hospital and it got stuck in one do the doors making her fell forward but someone held her hand, then he took the shoe lace out and gently tied them up.

Her heart was beating so fast, he looked up at me.

Mina pointed her finger at him, "You're the new replacement for Doctor Saad."

He looked really shocked, "No one knows this yet, can you keep this is a secret." he pushed her hand down.

"Only if you tell me why he left or what happened to him." Mina crossed her arms and looked at him with a stern expression on his face.

Her expression always worked, either this or pouting.

He, Doctor Harun scratched his head nervously and started walking away, "I'm
not sure if it's okay to tell you this but don't go out spreading rumours"

"Apparently he was abusing his title and being a pervert to Doctor Zarmina and someone from the forces complained about him."

I had stopped walking and stared ahead. Harun must have realised this to, he turned back to face me.

He must have noticed how off my expressions were.

I've been bottling up my emotions regarding saad since forever. I started crying, it was too much to handle.

"Don't tell me, you're.. Doctor Zarmina"

Mina waved her identification card at his face. "YES! I'm Zarmina!"