EIGHT/SIDDÈED

It got to the point that she was laid flat on the bare floor, her blue guntiino soiling with dust. Tawfiiq rushed to the man in black mask and stopped him with an eyeshot before he apologetically looked at me. I knew what that meant, he figured the beating was too much and decided to end it, but he too was afraid of breaking a rule made by Amiir Zahi, how dare this girl?

Sahra had tears rolling down her cheeks, and it was as if she was waiting for the black mask guy to leave the spot, she ran towards a painfully breathing Nala, lifting her up.

"Nala I told you, you should be careful here, please stop being strong-headed." She was crying profusely, softly caressing Nala's bare shoulders and covering some parts of her body that were revealed.

I watched in satisfaction, how it was so painful for Nala to lift up a finger. Sahra help her and she sat upright resting her whole body on her. The other girls had dispersed back to their spots. Our eyes locked, and I could swear they looked exactly like a river during a sunset. With the tears flowing from them, there was an amalgamation of purple, pink and a shade of maroon. I was unnerved.

The look she shot me was nothing out of hatred, despise and disgust, there wasn't an iota of regret in the look. I masked up my baffled expression and flashed her a deadly glare, and motioned for Tawfiiq and Cabdi so we could move back to the chamber.

"Make sure the pepper soup is ready in the next thirty minutes." I announced and we walked back to Caaiyo's chamber, I could still feel her burning gaze on my retreating figure and could hear as Sahra tried to lift her up.

"Amiirad Nala, let's go and quickly make the pepper soup, I can't imagine my life while I always see you being beaten by these people. Please let's go and make it." She was crying, her soft voice could make a feather slip out of its locket.

"He should do his worst, Sahra. How in the world can I make a bird's pepper soup in just thirty minutes?" Her voice was coming out in hiccups, but she was still as determined as she could ever be. What a great job there, Nala.

"Do you want Hani to know of your condition here? What of Sagal? We all look up to you. For Allah's sake Amiirad Nala we should go, we're eating away the time here." There was no response, and I raced my pace so they couldn't see me and thought I was eavesdropping their conversation, when naturally I have a very sharp hearing ability.

We went back to Caaiyo's chamber and I watched as she limped into the chamber with the help of Sahra. She was a slave here, but she still got a princess treatment, this should be changed. "Hey!" I thundered, and a petrified Sahra looked up to me, they were just an inch close to the kitchen.

Through my peripheral view, I saw when Sahra pinched Nala on her shoulder and she winced before looking up at me. "I asked her to make the pepper soup, not you. Kindly get lost before I throw you to the black family or even the red." Sahra staggered back a little but she held onto Nala's body.

She opened her mouth to speak when Cabdi's sharp hands landed on her bad and her knees dropped south. She let out a cry and held onto her stomach. "Sahra, leave." Nala whispered, looking at her.

"You aren't strong enough to do this alone, I'll beg him, Nala." Here I thought this girl was such an introvert that hardly talked, but she was even thinking of opposing the words of Amiir Zahi? I'll surely show these girls what I'm capable of doing. That the whole Magadishu castle is under my control.

"Throw her away!" I thundered, and in the blink of an eye Cabdi had held her in his hands and had thrown her to the wall, she clashed and let out a wail.

Nala turned to her direction but Tawfiiq's hands stopped her, "Go in and do what he ordered you to. She can be killed because of this." And he forcefully pushed her into the kitchen, I could see the hesitation written all over her face.