ONE/KÓW

Nala's POV.

Hani and I, were running helter skelter, it was a bet that whoever got to the shebelle river first will have to make the other his slave; and his Gabadhii will rest for a whole week. How will I let that happen to me? That too by the mischievous Hani? She can be cruel for the whole Indian ocean. I can't risk that happening.

Sagal and Sahra were running after us, with the baskets in their hands trembling from the vegetables and fruits we just bought from the Bakaara market. They were a few miles from Bakaara to shebelle, but we were running as if our blood was drained out of us.

Once I came to the veiw of the rocks by the shore of the river, I knew I had won the race this time, and I knew it's worth Hooyo's rambles when we get back home. I knew Aabbahay is in the maadaxtooyada_having to answer the unending complains of the people of Heliwa district. Being the Madaxa degmada of Heliwa was sometimes not easy on us, but what would one do? When all Hooyo do is show us that we're royals, and we should act like them.

But I don't see the difference between me and Sahra-her being my maid, and I; the princess.

"Nala, you run like a cheetah. I was out of breath that I had to stop_and Sagal went back to Bakaara and brought me water," Hani whined and smacked my shoulder before slumping beside me on the rocks, which were soiling our clothes_but then that's the least of our problems. I can imagine Hooyo's scowl when she sees us.

"Amiirad Nala, I think you'll need some water," I heard Sahra's voice beside me, and that's when I realized they've run fast here too. Poor them, we had them involved in our childish race.

"Thank you, Sahra, so thoughtful of you," I thanked her and collected the bottle of water from her hand_with a warm smiling playing on my cheeks.

I gulped down half the bottle and tossed it back at her, and that's when I realized she was squatting on the hard rocks that were scorching even our feets that have kabahas on. I sometimes really feel how it'll feel to be born as a slave, but with a one look on Sahra; I know she's contented, that makes me thank Allah numerously.

"Sagal, don't you see how Sahra was very kind to Nala? Give me an apple from that basket please," Hani sneered, glaring at Sagla's fuming figure. They never get on each other's good side; them being age mates doesn't help with the difference of status betwen them.

I wonder sometimes how they get to change like chameleons, one minute they're nice to each other, and the other they're fighting. Sahra and Sagal are sisters also, their mother is Hooyo's favourite gabadhii, and that's why she paired us with Sahra and Sagal as our maids, saying they would have to spend time together also_yes! We're always together with the annoying Hani.

You pity me right? I too wonder how I'm able to breathe properly with Hani all by my side.

"Sagal, don't you hear what she said? Pass her the apple!" Sahra ordered, glaring at her sister with intense eyes. It has always being like this, Hani causing problem betwen them.

Sagal rolled her eyes and looked away, from the look on her face_I knew she wouldn't give Hani the apple even if the whole people of Heliwa would gather on her. We were like those four bestfriends, though they know their status sometimes.

"Hani, you should apologize first, and ask for an apple in a polite way." I used the soft voice, for I knew Hani can be hot headed than I could ever imagine. So in this kind of situations, I knew when not to hype her more.

She rolled her eyes and yawed her gaze to the other side of the river, looking at how it was splashing on the steady rocks_leaving a sheen on them that makes them sparkly with the heating sun casting on them.