1.

Platform nine and three-quarters was always the place of smiling faces and joyful departures. Some would associate the word departure with sadness and dread, but that wasn't the case on this platform. Wizarding families bid their children goodbye knowing that they were one hundred per cent safe on their journey and will be at their destination. There was no need to worry for their innocent souls and only had the worry of them forgetting their owls or a particular textbook that their Potions teacher wouldn't appreciate.

Making her way through the smiling faces was Blair, keeping her head low from natural habit. If anyone were to see the small girl pushing her trolley, they would assume that she had already bid her parents goodbye and was slightly disheartened to be leaving for yet another school year. Blair was content with this view of herself and quietly packed her trunk into the compartment that held tons of other trunks, taking the handle of the box that rattled from the feline inside becoming restless.

She then started to head towards the door closest to her to board the Hogwarts Express, looking up just in time to see the redheaded family she saw every year. Ever since her first year, she would spot the crowd of orange that always had a plump woman, an endless amount of tall teenage boys and one small girl. It had become a custom for Blair to spot this family, the Weasley family, and admire the warmth that radiated from their closeness. If there was always smiling faces on this platform, the Weasley family would be the one Blair was sure to see every year.

Tearing her eyes from the scene, Blair made her way down the corridor and searched for an unoccupied carriage. Most students were still bidding their families goodbye, leaving a range of choices. She settled into one that coincidentally had a view of the same redhead family still on the platform. Blair first opened the whimpering box that sat next to her and pulled out the black cat that mewled when being grabbed.

Pushing the box under the seat, the cat settled its paws on Blair's jean-covered thighs. It perched it's backside down and lazily surveyed the carriage with its yellow eyes. Blair watched as the redheaded woman gave her last kisses to her children and sent them on to the train, waving while scolding one of the boys about the blue and pink sweet he held in his hand.

The train began to leave the station and students started settling into their carriages. Multiple people passed the one Blair sat in and shot in wary looks, soon moving off to double up in occupied carriages. No one wants to sit with the dark girl that didn't talk or smile. They also didn't want to associate themselves with a Rosier, daughter of a known Death Eater.

Being sorted in Ravenclaw, even the Slytherins didn't want to associate with Blair. Many of their families were known Death Eaters too, but they barely spared the girl a glance.

Soon reaching the countryside, Blair sat in silence as she sunk deep into thought. She scratched absently behind the ear of her cat and found comfort in his purrs and yearns for more. He pushed his head deeper into Briar's palm and closed his beaming eyes, unaware of his owner's rushing and corrupt mind.

The Weasley twins made their way down the corridor in search of an unoccupied carriage. They had decided to hand out some of their new Nosebleed-Nougats instead of securing a seat for the journey, meaning most of the carriages were now full. They stood tall among the first and second years that ran up and down the length of the corridor, still unaware of the unspoken rules of not being a moron on the Hogwarts Express.

"Maybe we should just run up and down for four hours. Seems to keep them entertained," Fred seethed as another first year shoved past him. "Oi watch it!"

"Surely there's gotta be one that has one person minimum," George called up to his brother, looking in yet another packed carriage.

Fred passed the next window and glanced inside, beaming at the sight of a singular figure. But the hope quickly deflated as he caught sight of the black cat that sat on the lap of the motionless girl in the corner. He ditched the possibility of sitting in that particular carriage and continued to walk on. George passed the same window moments later and stopped, seeing the same singular girl inside.