Chapter 34

Hades looked down at the girl sleeping in his arms, her breath tickling his skin. Her face was flushed slightly, her lips pink and slightly parted. He softly brushed her dark hair, reveling in the softness of it.

He traced his fingertips down the back of her neck, and then down the slope of her exposed waist and hips. Since she had fallen asleep after making love, he had dedicated his time to imprinting the moment in his immortal mind. He would never forget this night.

Her skin glowed against his; her warm lightness contrasting against his darker, tanned skin. She looked like an angel, a star, one that he had the gift of holding. How could heaven be in such a small package?

She looked so human in the moment. Being able to sleep was foreign to him, but as she was a new immortal, her body still needed the rest. He was glad of it. Seeing her so at peace gave him a comfort he had never experienced before.

Her dreams came in waves, down their shared bond, through the vast sea of space, and then finally reaching his mind. He could hear them, see them, and feel them now that the bond between them was fully restored. It was a direct link bridging their minds, and her emotions weighed on his.

Oh, he knew what it was. He had concluded it recently with no small amount of shock. Something this enormous couldn't be taken lightly. This had never happened to him, nor did Hades ever expect it to ever happen. It shouldn't have.

But it did.

Alina was more than a girl he saved, more than a girl he fancied. Beyond the beautiful exterior and even deeper than the wit, intelligence, and courage—she was more.

She was everything.

She was everything to him.

Alina had been for a long time, even though she knew nothing of how important she really was. Even though Hades has known, he hadn't let himself actually comprehend what she really was. Because if he let himself realize what she was, than other people would. Enemies would.

Because Alina was his mate.

His soulmate.

She was everything that he had dreamed of and everything he didn't expect.

When he first saw her in the ballet, he saw her amongst everyone in that theatre. And now, he had no question of why some deep overpowering instinct made him save Alina from dying that night.

She was chosen for him. She was made for Hades.

And because of this. he would never let her go now. He would never hide anything from her. He would never let anyone touch her, ever again. He swore to himself and his kingdom.

Anything she wanted, he would give her. He might as well be a slave to his girl, because Hades was at her utter mercy. Their mating bond had become crystal clear tonight, after everything.

She hadn't said anything about it after, as she soon snuggled into his chest and fell asleep with a wistful smile on her lips. But he knew she knew what they were. There was no denying it. They were immortal mates.

Her unrestricted dreams flowed down the bond. Mostly memories of their shared moments, and Hades just enjoyed the slideshow of memories she provided with her dreams. Sometimes they would turn darker, going from Atropos to even further back in time, to her childhood.

Alina never talked about her past life with Hades. Although it was important, it seemed there was never a moment for Alina to share his childhood. The images Hades received weren't happy, however. Blurred memories of thrown liquor bottles, arguments she witnessed, and the reoccurring image of Alina holding her mothers hand as she lay in her death bed often interrupted calmer dreams.

Hades watched as the movie of her childhood played out in their bond. Whether Alina was consciously showing him these images, some part of her was willingly sharing them with him. Perhaps it was a innate part of her that knew what they were and that he should know her completely.

As her dreams became more vivid and haunting, he felt her body tense lightly beneath his arms. Gently, he leaned down and kissed her temple, sending waves of soothing energy down their mental bond. Immediately, she began to relax, her dreams shifting back into bliss.

There was nothing he wouldn't do for her. If she as suffering, he was suffering. Being at someone else's mercy, under someone else's control, was utterly foreign to Hades. But he would bow to her, forever and always. Because for some reason only the stars knew, it was his destiny. It was his destiny to find her. To find her and to stand with her, side by side. Mates.

——————-

And a oop—
This chapter is short but OMG it's out. I'm gonna try to post more this summer and then finish this book!!! Tehee

Don't forget to vote!!!!!
Go check out my other book "The Sultan's Siren" !!!!!!