2

"Ariel its time, you need to go."

"Are you coming with me?" Ariel asked.

"No, not this time baby, this is just your journey," Rose said smiling.

"Mum, I don't want to leave you," Ariel said hugging her mother.

"You're not leaving me you silly girl, you'll always be in my heart. I will always love you remember that, but now your cousins need you more than I do."

"You can come with me; I can teleport another person with me. I don't want to go," Ariel sniffed.

"Listen, baby, you knew this day would come some day, we talked about it. I need you to be a big girl for me and do this okay? I'm counting on you to get that book to your cousins. I know once you're with them that you will be safe."

Ariel knew her mother was right, but she had this feeling in her belly that when she left she would never see her mother again.

"Mum—"

"Ariel, I'm proud of you, your father is too. I know he's looking over you. I want

you to promise me you'll be happy and remember that I'm doing this for you. Go they're

almost here."

"They?" Ariel asked looking at her mother. She swallowed as she saw the answer, so she had been right.

"Mum please come with me, I don't—"

He mother enveloped her in a warm hug and kissed her. She smells of vanilla and sunshine. Ariel held on tight not letting go.

"I-I can't leave the people here. Take the book and go to your cousins and live for the two of us. I know with them you will be safe and have a chance at a happy life," her mother said letting her go and wiping her eyes.

"But I don't know where they are," Ariel cried.

"Open the book, the picture in the front page is of your cousin Trinity. Now go and don't look back, there isn't a future here for you anymore."

Ariel grabbed the book and opened it. She looked at the picture then at her mother.

"I love you, mum."

"I love you too baby, now and forever. Go."

***

"Are you telling me you still don't know who killed my mother? It's been a month and you have no leads are you even looking for the person who did this?" Trinity asked in frustration.

"Miss Childs, I know that you're grieving so I'll let that past, we don't tell you

how to do your job so please don't tell us—"

"I can't do my job lieutenant when I'm worried about the person who murdered my mother in cold blood is still out there enjoying their life while she isn't," she snapped

at the man. She glared at him as he sat back lazily against his chair sipping a cup of coffee as he chomps down on sugar glazed timbits.

"I understand what you're going through—"

"No offence Lieutenant Ross, but I doubt you do. I lost the one parent I've ever known. I'm never going to see her again and you're telling me you might never find her killer because you don't have enough evidence. Put yourself in my place and tell me what you would do."

He sighed and looked at her. "I'm sorry, but unless there's some miracle or some new evidence appears, my hands are tied. Whoever it was that killed your mother was very thorough."