Bye Bye Goldie, Red, and Candy

Goldie's POV
April 1966

Ever since Mom found out about us and we found out about her, we seemed to have gotten closer. She seemed much more relaxed, giggly, and funny. However, around the boys, she usually stayed out of their bubbles and hung around the sidelines. She was going by the, "don't speak unless spoken to" rule.

All three of us started going with Mom on little trips to the secluded grass field she arrived in. It was outside of the heart of town, only a single road traveling through it, but from the amount of time we were there we never saw another car pass by.

Mom told us that her Time Machine was ripped apart by animals, and it needed every single piece in order to work. Our job was to help her find every little screw and nut that originally was on the Machine. Once we collected as much as we could, then we would put it in a bag and bring it home where she would try to repair the Time Machine, which was hidden under Dad's bed. It never worked, so we knew there were more parts in the field we needed to find.

We would all disappear for hours at a time, and the guys started to notice. They would always ask us where we were going, but Mom always found some excuse that didn't provoke anymore questions.

April rolled around again, around the same time when we traveled here in the first place. I can't believe be its been a year already. I wondered if I could age while being here. Probably, but it would be hanging if I didn't age until 2038 came organically. A lot of people would kirk out though.

We were scavenging through the dirt and patches of long grass when the wind started to pick up. The wind also picked up some dust so we were rubbing our eyes from the stinging. The wind was blowing more and more, and started to blow in a circle.

"Is this a tornado?" Red asked.

"No," Mom said, but she was clearly confused herself of what was happening.

A bright white light flashed and made us all cover our eyes and turn away. The light went away as fast as it came, but when I opened them my vision was blocked by floating colored dots.

"What was that?" Candy asked.

We turned back and Mom gasped. We suddenly saw a girl sitting in the grass. She was holding what looked like our time machine with a metal band around her head and the "T" shaped bar between her legs. The girl was tan, blonde, and looked my Mom's age.

"Who's that?" Red whispered.

"Lillian?!" Mom dropped everything she was holding.

"Bri!" The girl shouted and the two ran towards each other and slammed into a hug.

"I missed you so much." Mom sounded like she was going to cry. I couldn't tell if they were tears of joy, or of sadness.

"I can't believe it worked. I found you," Lillian said, "but it's only been a few days."

Lillian looked up and saw me and my siblings. Her smile faded into concern and she pulled away from Mom.

"Who's that?" She asked, pointing at us. "They just saw me."

"They are from the future too," Mom reassured, "this is Goldie, Red, and Candy."

"Hi," Red greeted with a big friendly smile.

"Oh, right. I read about you guys. How did you know they were telling the truth?" Lillian asked.

"I can tell you about some movies or musicians," Red suggested.

Lillian thought for a moment then said, "go for it."

"Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time," Red stated like the little film-nerd he is. "That was released in 2009... End Game and Titanic have been right up there with it for decades."