Chapter 13

The days passed by before Adrien’s eyes. Before he knew it, it was Wednesday and as those five days passed, all went smooth. . . . .well almost. His father did what he please to Adrien without the fear that his wife could come in at any second. In fact, Adrien hadn’t seen his mother since she came home. She just disappeared.

What bugged him the most was that he swore he heard something in the basement. They were muffled and faint but he swore that it wasn’t his imagination. Not that Adrien would go down there to investigate of course, he hated basements. Being locked up down there by a father who rapes you isn’t the kind of thing that leaves you sane. But there was something down there and a dreaded feeling crawled into Adrien’s stomach; he had a hunch to who it was.

The early evening sun was covered by clouds, but a few rays managed to slip their way through the window of Adrien’s bedroom, where Collin was having his way with his son.

“You’ve been such a good boy these last few days,” Mr. Horn said sweetly. “I may have to keep my promise and take you to that party.” He sat on the edge of Adrien’s bed. His fingers slid over the tip of Adrien’s exposed, hard member.

Adrien clasped the bedsheets; his back arching and his body filled with a heated ill-pleasure.

“Ahh. . . . .S-s-stop.” Adrien managed to say though his moans. “I’m. . .I’m going to—”

He let out a gasp as he came to his climax. Laying flat on his back, Adrien turned his head away and closed his eyes so he wouldn’t have to look at his father while catching his breath.

Collin licked the white fluid off his fingers. Then he leaned over close to Adrien’s ear. “I suppose we should get ready.” His hot breath tickled Adrien’s earlobe and sent shivers down the boy’s body. “Be ready at 6:10. I don’t want to be late or get caught in traffic.”

He stood and left the room, closing the door behind him. Adrien looked over at his clock: 5:50 P.M. Plenty of time.

“Plenty of time to do what?” Teddy asked curiously. The bear blinked as Adrien slipped out of bed. Despite his exhaustion, Adrien stepped out into the hall and heard the shower started to run. He quickly made his way down the sitars and headed for the door leaned into the basement. He pressed his ear up to the locked door and listened.

Nothing; all quiet.

He pulled away. Was it his imagination? Had memories of those two days started to echo in his head? He remember those days well but surely he couldn’t have heard them.

Was he going crazy?

“No, of course not,” said Teddy. “You’re only planing to murder a rapist. You’re totally fine. Nothing wrong with giving an early death sentence to someone who’s sinned right? No need for them to wait on death row.”

Adrien headed back up to his room and went through his closet, looking for his tuxedo that he bought when he was a freshman. He wanted to look his best for picture day and because he was still only five-foot-three inches tall, the suit would fit. When he heard the master bedroom door open and close, Adrien slipped into the bathroom, showered quickly, then got dress.

“You look nice. . . .for a murder.” Said the white bear.

“Shut up Teddy,” Adrien said, glaring at the bear in the mirror. “It has to be done.”

“You can still tell someone.” Teddy wheedle, “It’s not too late to tell people what your father’s been doing to you. It doesn’t have to be like this. You can put your father in jail. You can save your soul.”

Adrien straightened his jacket then fixed his bow tie then ran a comb through his red hair, “I don’t have a soul anymore.” 

Teddy sighed heavily as Adrien stepped out of the bathroom and headed down stairs. Slipping on his black shoes, Adrien stepped outside and approached the upside down flower pot. He took a breath and slowly lifted it up.