That Feeling.

*Harry's POV*

I stared at them. I just stood there, watching them in each other’s arms, when suddenly Eleanor backed up, covering herself. I was still in shock. They still liked at each other? Had that one night actually meant something?

‘Uh…’ Louis tried to say something but he seemed to be at a loss for words. ‘Hi… we were just… hangin-'

‘Look, I am sorry, Harry’ Elle suddenly blurted out as my eyes shifted from Harry’s to Eleanor's. "I really like Louis. That's the truth. And no matter how much you may hate this, there's no denying that what we have is something special," She stood there, looking at me with wide eyes full of innocence.

‘No!’ Louis said, ‘Harry, no. I mean…’

I had been silent for a while now…

‘You just carry on whatever you were doing,’ I muttered finally finding my voice. I just couldn't stand to be here and watch them together. The thought alone made me feel like shit. ‘I just need to get to the living room, just want to see what’s on TV. Oh, and Louis, I feel way better. Thanks mate,' And made my way through the hall.

I tried to not look at them at all so I pretty much don’t remember what they were looking like, neither did i see their expressions. But I was still stunned.

I thought everything was going back to normal. I guess I was just proven wrong.

*Louis' POV*

‘What the hell was that?!’ I whispered, careful not to let my voice reach Harry's ears.

‘Oh, seriously? This is what you’re going to be like now, huh? What we have his special!’ She

came closer to me and held my hands, "Don’t lie to me, Lou. I know you way too well for that."

‘I don’t care! Harry’s my friend, ok?’ I yanked my hands out of her grip.

‘Oh he doesn’t mind! Does he now? He just walked by us, he wasn't even mad!’

I stopped there. What had happened to him? Harry wasn't one to hide his feelings. Was he just trying to act okay with this for my sake?

‘Well…’ I tried saying something, ‘He… he did seem pretty surprise, don’t you think?’ I increased to tone to normal now.

‘Well, of course he was! Who sees two people making out right outside their room?’ She replied. She had a point. ‘Now stop whining, and how about we continue from where we left off?’ Her voice instantly sweetened and she walked a bit closer to me and kissed me softly.

I kissed back once but then backed off. ‘This..’ I sighed ‘This…us. It’s very wrong… we cannot let… I just can’t do this okay?! I CAN’T!’ And pushed her away.

‘Why not?’

‘BECAUSE IT’S WRONG, OK? AND I’M NOT LIKE THAT!’

‘Oh’ was all she could say past her disappointment. She lowered her head and just went quiet.

‘Elle, please say something’. I urged.

‘I… I get it, okay?’ she finally replied ‘I get the fact… that we can’t happen. I’m sorry… I… I should go. Goodbye, Lou’. She looked up at me and forced a smile.

‘Goodbye, Elle’.

I wasn’t sure exactly what I was supposed to say, really, or what I should have been doing.

But before I knew it, I found myself walking into the living room, where Harry was. We had to

face each other sometime or the other.

I walked in and found Harry perched beside the window, staring out with dazed eyes.

‘Uh… hey’, I spoke.

He turned around and looked at me with a ‘Oh… hey! C- come sit’, he gestured towards the couch. ‘I’ll-'

‘Stop.’ I told him. He went silent and looked at me. ‘Look, something’s up. I need to know what it is. I need to know what’s up with you, eh?’ I asked him

‘N-nothing.’ He replied.

‘Oh, don’t give me that! Why did you act so normal huh? How come you didn’t stop me and Elle from…?’

‘Because I get it.’ He stated calmly, folding his arms. ‘I get the fact that you aren’t gay anymore. I get the fact that you’re not my boyfriend. And I get that that means we can't happen, okay? Yes, sure, I’ve tried fighting it, but the fact is… I need to face reality which is that you don’t feel anything for me… and if Elle makes you happy, then I am happy, Louis ‘Cause your happiness is very important for me. I don't want you both to have to stop what you two have because of me’.

I was speechless. I was getting the weirdest feeling ever. I didn't know what to say to this. Harry understood. I guess i had just been waiting for Harry's approval the whole time. That was all I had ever hoped for. One thing i noticed, though, something that caught me off guard for a moment was this look in Harry's eyes.

It was strange. Not an emotion I've ever seen on him before. It was almost... a vengeful look.